4.14.2024

Watercoloring Western Stamps

 Last weekend when I started Mancell's birthday card I also got out you know some of the other western stamps I have and I stamped off a pile and started painting them off and on this week after I finished his card. 


This is cowboy Ralph from Rubbernecker stamped on some Arches cold press 100% cotton watercolor paper and painted with Daniel Smith paints ( same for the cards below) That sentiment here is also from Rubbernecker and I cut it out with an MFT stitched dome die. Ralph was cut with a Studio Katia darling ribbon & Dotted frames die. The printed paper for the wall is an old one from Basic Grey. I thought it looked like wall paper. The natural hemp string was tied in a knot and just tucked in around behind the papers. I had originally thought to use a tie and knot and hang on sentiment with him but, ended up going this was because, it struck me funnier. This one finished out at 6" square in real life.

This couple, I do not know their names but, they are retired from Art Impressions. I did stamp them, the hay bales on Arches cold press and used DS paints on them. They were all cut with scissors and some have pop dots under them. That sentiment is also from Art Impressions stamped on some Neenah earthstone. It actually looks like a fairly close enough match with the watercolor paper not being exactly white or cream kwim? The dance floor was cut from some Kraft cs from SU with a Penny Black wood floors die and then I did use ds paints on it. and it was a little too narrow for the square shaped card so, I picked up the drop piece and glued it to the bottom and just added in more of the same colors of paints to it also but, it left me with this odd blank space to the left so, I started stamping off bales of hay and cutting them out, I am thinking I should have done one more and cut in half so, it looked like it stacked out of the scene to both the left and up on the right of these but, I will probably leave this as it is. That horse shoe print is really old from Flair. 

Which leads me to the third one I finished. I have not done 3 cards on a weekend in a long time and none of them were for samples for something else so, that was fun. I still have a few more on the table so, if I get another done this afternoon I may just edit this post. Carrie is from Rubber Romance and it always strikes me funny that her leg is in there air. So, over the years I have looked for things to perch her foot on. I did pick up this buried wagon wheel from Commotion stamps on ebay a month or two ago just to see if it would fit scale wise with her. not knowing if it would work. I did stamp it on a scrap and cut it out, and decided that was "OK" it just added more depth to the scene but, I think I may cave and buy a kitchen table or a barrel stamp to try someday down the road. That panel was cut with crealies cross stitched square die and the corners have vintage lace wrapped around them. That red dot print is unknown and the brown tiny dot print is from My Minds Eye. this one the base is some white washed coordinations in a picket fence color that its kinda tan on the flip side. The sentiment here is that same one from Rubbernecker. That's about it from me, its been raining quite a bit here this weekend so, I am playing in my studio while moving the laundry around. thanks for stopping by.



No comments: