4.12.2024

Inspired by {A Beautiful Mess}

 This week Kia has shared this A Beautiful Mess site where I came across this whole family dressed as Cowboys from the Toy Story cartoon. and I was off and running digging out a bunch of my Cowboy stuff to play with. Now, I actually have a woody stamp ( of course right?) but, its a tiny little stamp in reality and I needed a card for Hubs hunting buddy who turned 74 yesterday. 

So, I started to narrow it down to Slim ( he's retired from Art Impressions but, I still see him go up for sale on eBay fairly often) He was stamped with some Versafine morning mist on Arches cold press watercolor and I started layering on Daniel Smith paints.


After a few more layers of Paints I decided to cut some my minds eye printed paper (the darker brown here) with an Penny Black full bloom stitched die, it kind of sorta had this look to the "stitch" that made me think western. I picked out this really snarky Riley & Co. sentiment for the front. ( he has has more than his share of misfortunes the last couple of years) and then diecut that with an old Spellbinders labels die. there were holes poked for the orange brads to go through. That wood grain print I think is also from My Minds Eye. The sheet off to the right was glued to the inside and those tiny pistol charms were found at Hobby Lobby last weekend. ( they are in the Jewelry beading isle) 

I think scale wise it does fit him but, in hind sight I wish I had figured out a way to cut off the loop and maybe cut a slit into the design so that the barrel is behind the image and only the handle peeks out of that.

But all in all its not too bad for a first attempt at this.  I did try to keep some of the leathers and wood grains on the yellow tinted side as Woody has a lot of Happy Yellow in his shirt, and that color just jumps out at me every time I see him. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: