4.05.2024

Inspired by {On Sutton Place}

 This week Julie has chosen the On Sutton Place site and collection of Pinterest boards where I came across this Farmhouse scene with a pitcher of blooming vases and I started to grin because, earlier in the week Kia had chosen a paint a blooming cherry branch tutorial which you can find here. So, out came some more cold press Arches Watercolor paper that I cut with the Lawn Fawn Canvas & Easel dies set.

So, I used the last painting I did for the Watercolor challenge as the inspiration for the smaller scaled bloom branch that fit onto the lawn fawn diecut. The stool and easel started to get layers of paints to give them a rustic vibe. 

More paints layered on.

I had originally wanted to place the canvas of blooms on the easel but, it covers it up a lot and I liked how the colors dried as so, I cut some printed paper that picked up those colors to use as a "rug" in the scene with all those white washed boards on the background print. The Painting and the easel are up on foam pop dots. 

The sentiment from the Stampin' Up feels like home set was stamped with some Versafine Crimson red and diecut with an Stitched MFT square die. The base is some textured pink from Bazzill cut to 6" square in real life. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: