4.22.2024

VSN Continued on Sunday Afternoon

 

Well, there was larger than 12" of room to play on the far side so, I did get 4 more cards done for the VSN challenges. 

Jean has a take it with a grain of salt challenge so, I grabbed this previously started background and got it re wet and salted. 

When it was dry it you could not see any salt dried texture patterns so, out came more water and I cleaned off a pallet over it and set it aside to dry.

While that was going on I had you know a scratch paper list of all the challenges and I started poking around in the already colored images to see if anything might work. Dug out this bear Stampabilities gruffy bear-ied in paperwork because, Brenda's challenge was a Murphy's law sorry or get well challenge. So, mine went a little sorry not sorry. I have a stack of these file folder card bases I cut years ago when I was on a kick and I had dug them out to start using them up. the sentiment (river city rubber works) here was cut with a paper smooches word bubble die and the bear got a little bit of watercolor shadows added to him. ( he's up on foam dots) 

A few weeks ago I started painting a couple of these hen lady images and they were in that mess on the other side of the table, I had stacked them up with potential printed paper pads and decided to just glue one together.

For Misti's madder than a wet hen challenge. The gal is "hen Party" from Stampassions, the oh, no you diten is from the paper smooches slang gang set and the cluck it sentiment is from the Picket fence studios hot chick set. the May arts ribbon was stapled to that with a Tim Holtz stapler. both of these sentiments were stamped and die cut from scraps a long time ago so from the drawer.




Misti also has a "Bless your heart" challenge. This angie gal from Unity Stamps the dream of being is one my favorite one that Angie Blom has drawn. I've colored her a lot and the woodgrain is a drop piece from something I did last week I think. The special sentiment is from The rubber cafe and the tiny bless is from Hero Arts. They both fit on the mid size Jumbo stitched banner die from Impression Obsession. 

Kim's first challenge was "when I was your age" my thought was you had to walk to the tv to turn the knob to change the channel. and I only really thought of it because, I had this tv cut and watercolored on the table from sometime when I was on a cut up that strathmore paper.. the American Art stamps was already colored and I figured she worked as most the people I know are all watching all the cooking shows... the tv is up on foam tape, the wood panel wall is My Minds Eye printed paper and the green textured mulberry paper is supposed to make you think green shag circa 1970 carpet. That's it from me, there are 4 more on the scratch paper and I am not sure if I will get to them or not, the salted background got minimal texture when I looked at it this morning before work, so its been pressed inside the big shot all day trying to straighten out.





No comments: