4.09.2024

Watercoloring a Daisy

 This week Brenda has shared this Daisy painting tutorial seen here on YouTube by Karen Rice art. 

So I sketched a rough single daisy with an Water soluble pencil on some Arches cold press.


Then I layered a wash of colors to the background and sprinkled on some table salt.

When that was dry more paint went onto the flower parts, I was not real impressed with how the background dried towards the bottom nor with the stem and leaves so, I did add more paints to this a few more times. I felt like the background closest to the bloom I should have done much darker, I knew it would dry paler but, I think for shadows and a little pop I should have done more of the dark dark green closer to the bloom.


So I did add in more shadows under the petals and along the top edge of the flower also. Along with some yellow splatters but, those really faded in. When that dried I cut this with an Penny Black Zig Zag stitched rectangle die with more of the top background showing than the bottom. I "almost" added in some more greenery to the bottom but decided to leave it looking more like what was shown. ( I almost added more white spots to the background to be the rest of the Daisy flowers but, managed to rein in that thought)

The painted panel is up on foam tape here on some Stampin' Up Dijon cardstock. I left off a sentiment as I am not sure what I will do with this as of yet. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: