1.16.2018

Featured Stamper CASED cards

 A week or so ago the featured Stamper challenge went to Tracy's gallery where I found this Sweet card and loved it, I needed a Birthday card for my mom who spends a big chunk of time peeking out her windows at the tweety birds she feeds so, I thought this was a perfect one for me to pick for her.
so Changes were to switch the stamps, flipped it to an vertical A-2 card from a square and made the aperture a circle. My card was done from my scrap bin believe it or not I had stamped the birds and cut them out with scissors and was messing around trying to decided how big of a window hole they would need. ( they are taped to the backside of the top circle framed piece) and they fit in this, so that was handy. :) Her birthday was yesterday and I mailed this a week ago so, it should be safe to post it now.

 A closer look at the Your Next Stamp birds. These were colored with zig clean brush markers and have a little shading from polychromos pencils.

This week's Featured Stamper is Lisa where I found this gorgeous snow card that I loved every detail. and I have been fighting off a flu bug and really wanted to play so, I thought if you go more simple maybe maybe. changes were to flip the snow print to the bottom and the smooth to the top, and to make the layered snow a snow cup. other changes were to dangle the sentiment off the handle and to keep the layers of diecuts flat. there are no foam dots between layers or gems on my version of Lisa's card. That cup/snow is from the Penny Black what's in your cup die set and the sentiment is a really old one from Savvy Stamps. The border on the vintage cream was cut with the concord & 9th select a size border die and the tag die was from a set spellbinders made for justrite a long time ago. Anyways, I am feeling better every day just that lingering tired thing is continuing. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: