1.18.2016

Tiny Village cards

 Are those the cutest tiny houses you have seen or what? ( that was my first thought when I seen them online somewhere a while back like months and months ago) and I have been actively searching for the dies since... I got lucky and found them still at Frantic Stamper on friday and so, I ordered them and they came in the mail on Saturday ( btw I am like less than 80 miles from that store so, yep all my orders arrive in a day or two from them) anyways, the Featured stamper this week is Minnur and she had this row of mix media houses in her gallery seen here. and I spent some time studying them knowing that I could do something similar if I just had a big house shape to decorate right, and the light went off and this was done really simply. ( its A-2 in real life if that gives you an idea how teeny those houses are) they were also inked on the edges with some creamy brown fluid chalk inks.


 So, anyways I decided I wanted to be away from hubs germs as he as down for the count on Sunday afternoon so, I went back upstairs after the first card and spend some time cutting lots of houses ( and some other things) from scraps. the pine bough on these is from Impression Obsession and the gold bow is also another Memory box die, ( I did cut the bow part off on the two on the edges using only the string parts) This red paper is the same stuff the coffee cups were cut from a week or so ago. so, they glimmer just really pretty.


 These are both A-6 in real life the one on the left is the second one with a Hero Arts sentiment and the one on the right uses both a circle and rectangle stitched dies from Simon Says stamp with an SU sentiment. ( maybe from ornamental pines?) the corrugate was placed behind it for some contrasting texture.

now, these are all 3 inches square in real life, the sentiment ( SU ) I did mask off the sprig that appears under the words before I stamped them and that was diecut with the stitched rectangle die too.

4 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet designs with your tiny house die-cuts Stacy. Each one is so fun and creative. Especially love all the texture from the corrugated pieces. xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! Those tiny houses are so cute! I have a soft spot for little houses and shops be they stamps or dies. Love what you did with them.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Yes they are cute for sure. I love how many different ways you have showcased them. xoxo, Aimes

Shirl said...

just found your blog! love these little house dies. and I am enjoying now looking at your previous posts.

Thank you for your blog,
Shirl