1.26.2016

A little bird

 So, in the push to make something for hubs dad and the general I do not have a good variety of Birthday cards on hand thought I did end up coloring these Penny Black cats Saturday with the vague idea they were fun and for me I nearly always color cats in shades of orange and yellow. ( I think I have actually owned more grey cats than orange but, orange just seems to be the go-to color choice for me with cats ( who knows why) and then I seen this fun cat card in Michele, this weeks featured stampers gallery and thought why not. The embossing folder is goochie script done on some copper shimmer cardstock. the print is basic grey and was done embedded die cuts style so, the water colored panel is taped to the frame on the back side. These three stamps are all from the Penny Black set a little bird. The happy birthday was stamped on a scrap of the background I made for one of the HYCCT projects and that used up what was left of it.


 Well, I did color two of them so, I decided to try this one a little more simple and I am half tempted to pull it apart and add in a few more layers. ( I do like the top version better) but, I probably won't. They are both A-7 in real life. I also used the Nellie Snellen oval dies for these, on this version you can see the mat's are much closer to each other than on other brands of oval dies. the happy birthday on this one was cut with an Memory Box primo label die. Other than that, a lot of scrap using up has still commenced. I'll flash the mess tomorrow. have a happy tuesday ladies.


1 comment:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like your orange kitties. Great cards. I'm partial to that top one myself.