1.14.2016

A Bright Day

I think the wishful thinking part of my brain is seeing it get lighter for longer during the day already and then I walk into my closet and whack my head on the door frame and think Sure, its getting brighter lol. In all of the duck-in closets upstairs where we play the lights look like this, bare bulbs in sockets some with switches outside the door and some with pull chains. On this card the bulb from the new Watts Up set was stamped with Versafine on smooth Neenah cardstock and then colored with a clear stardust gel pen along the edges and an yellow staedtler triplus fineliner pen for the glowing part. This is up on pop dots. The pull cord on this is some silver elastic that was tied in a knot a couple of times at the end and just tucked a little behind the bulb. The frame uses a couple of simon says stitched dies the rectangle and circle and this is also up on pop dots, but slimmer 1/16" ones so when this card is tilted the bulb is the highest point on it. The base is some textured bazzill to give it some contrast with the smoother parts and this one is A-2 in real life.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely LOVE this! CAS at its best! I already loved this set and you all keep finding ways of making it better. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Stacy, I'm lovin' this stamp set from Divas! Really like the all white card with the light bulb as the "bright" pop!

Martina N said...

Beautiful! I love CAS cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amy A said...

This is stunning Stacy! Love the CAS design and you showcase that super cute stamp perfectly! Love it! xx

Loll said...

Love this design Stacy. So creative and fun! xx

Unknown said...

Love everything about your card Stacy. Thanks for sharing you talents with us. Melissa

nwilliams6 said...

Totally adorable Stacy! I love the feeling of this sweet card. I think it is getting brighter too - I feel it is anyway (and I am so glad too). Many hugz

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awesome CAS card. Duck in closets huh? Yeah... I'd whack my head all the time even with a spotlight on 'em.

Unknown said...

Stacy .... the card is so clean and simple and very well done!!! Great Job!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

perfect, love the window for the light!

Waving My Wand said...

These dies perfectly highlight the stamps. Love your design!