4.01.2015

WOYWW #304 Easter

mine is a Tuesday evening shot after work again. If you want to play along with us and show us what you are doing in your creative space the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess Julia's blog.
 On Monday I made a card just like thsese but, with a folder like the pale plum in the top left from soft sky and really I needed a few more so, tueday I made one yellow textured bazzill version. ( changed the folder) and 2 from the plum and one more sky. changed the folders slightly looking at ones that had sort of a basket weave type pattern. They are all A-6 in real life.
some of the other things you'll see is I had tried to "sand up some dust off a derwent artbar" the other day and most the color stuck to the sand paper and did not flutter down to do a Poof of color on the wet card front. ( live and learn right?) below that is tools I was using on these Easter cards I finally got smart about those word dies. no matter how much I "press hard" trying to rub the Xyron glue off the die cuts even poking ends of paint brushes into the places my fingers will never go) I Still get glue boogers. so, I have been using that blue eraser that is supposed to be an adhesive remover and then rubbing the crumbs off with my fingers. ( this makes the die cut look dirty) so, this week. I picked up that big wash brush ( that has never seen paint) and used it to dust the glue blobs off the card front. now, maybe you already knew this but.. these die cuts look clean.  the stick pin is there to pick up dabs of the liquid glue for the I's Dot. ( its microscopic)
above all these cards is some folded printed paper. there was a challenge about folding ruffles of paper from punchies as a challenge last week and that was as far as I got with it. I think it needs to be done with maybe double sided papers? (fancy folds are not my thing shhh ;) )
a closer look at the textures and dimensions of the Easter cards the bunny ( Impression Obsession) is up on pop dots. The egg is from the nested eggs from spellbinders and the Blessings is from Simon Says Stamp.

5 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I just adore your selection of pastel Easter cards, very nicely done. Little globs of gook and die cuts... definitely something that drives me crazy. Glad to hear you found a cure. I always wonder how other people do it! Judy #60

Beverley Baird said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Love the bunny expecially - the texture is exquisite!

Eliza said...

I really like your Easter cards they look super. There is an eraser for glue by Xyron and it is a beauty the best on the market in my opinion it gets rub ons off too.

http://www.hobbycraftandscrap.com.au/product-p/xy23675wh.htm?gclid=CjwKEAjwru6oBRDDp4jRj4bL_xASJADJ2obyS62w_47KkgyayAxt3Qimp2MMXqAxlnNlVZrKXVuEmRoCff7w_wcB

This is only a few dollars but lasts forever.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 41
Happy WOYWW

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I see that Eliza has directed you to the super super goober eraser already!
I love your cards, that same colour thing looks lovely in your spring colours!

Artatag said...

It is an awesome project! Thanks for sharing.
Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter
Hugs
Gabriele 19