4.09.2015

A few for Thursday

 Colored a few of these birds last weekend with copic's and some pencils over the top so, they are laying on the table waiting. once I made the decision to cut this out those feet and the swirl on the head were not something I wanted to cut out so, the bird was stamped to the card front and the colored cut out part is raised up on pop dots over it. I read someone say recently they thought all these birds look worried. and I didnt really get that vibe from them. this one is my favorite of the flock and to me its face looks more like. OMG you didn't just say that out loud... so, I have been intending to pair it with some snarky sentiments. and this is the first one below.

 This is A-6 in real life. the ribbon is unknown, the sentiment has a small amount of pigment ink in a paleish blue green ( similiar to the birds body) along the edges.

 Now this sentiment (riley & co) is the one that just arrived in the mail the other day so the Sizzix rectangle frame diecut is up on pop dots. and this was nearly impossible to shoot and have the color any where close. ( that is real red by the way) and I cannot tell you how long I messed around with this in lightroom trying to make the red not look like a tomato. part of the problem I think is my camera is now considered "outdated" and it is not even made anymore by pentax so, I keep trying the various camera color modes every time I import some card photos. I did not have this problem in my previous laptop but, I was also using lightroom 3 which came out around the same time my camera body did...

This is an American Art stamps sentiment. circles are from the small classic circles die from spellbinders and on this version the "knobs" are up on pop dots and the frame is flush with the corrugate base this is A-2 in real life.

1 comment:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic card on top the others are lovely Stacy.
Gr Karin