3.26.2015

Thursday's cards

So, the ways to use it challenge today Linda's challenge was are you an slow turtle or are you an speedy hare when it comes to cardmaking.  and or how long did it take you to make your card and such. so, I purchased this sentiment (Art Impressions) recently knowing that I owned the Unity crappy day itty bitty set and I had already stamped and diecut it. its been laying on the table for maybe a week? ( I lose track of time) so, when I went up the stairs after work the thought was make something cool. but, this sentiment was laying there waiting to be used. and so, If I "do" what the voices tell me to do, I end up being able to make quite a few things in one batch. they are not exactly the same card but, they take bits and pieces from each other. because, I reach for what is in front of me. this particular card took 36 minutes. the toilet paper roll was a little smaller than I remembered it being so, I stamped a few more so, I ended up with maybe 4 or 5 of them stamped and while the set was out I also stamped some of the sentiment that comes with it. ( see below) the sentiment panel on this is up on pop dots and the toilet paper rolls were edged with an grey marker because, sometimes when you cut things out you miss and cut the stamped line and sometimes the side being white just jars with the design. so, that is a reflex for me and I don't think about doing it anymore I just do it. the grey mat under it was laying on the table in the scrap pile and it was how the rest of the things were picked out. This is 5" square in real life.

 So, this stripe paper is the back side of the pinwheel paper from yesterday its base is 5" of red ridinghood and the sentiment was diecut with an slim tags trio die from mama elephant. popped a heart brad into the hole and popped this up on pop dots.
This card took 20 minutes.

So, then I cut and scored both scraps that were from the bases of the above cards. the sentiment on the left was stamped and diecut previously and the heart was poked through just because the jar of heart brads was out. the one on the left is you know just because, both of these cards are 3 1/2" square. 

 and because, I am getting ready for a booth, and these little 3" cards go over well for me and the tray is not full yet. a few more were glued together easily  from scraps, these bases are in a holder already cut and scored. the sentiments were stamped previously. diecut previously. ( I have a bowl full of them on the table) and so, its really almost as much time to line them up and shoot them as it is to make them.

 I will also be making an assortment package of something ( maybe little cards) for the booth raffle prize donated to the school to raffle off in May

 So, I am working on filling gaps in the tray of these some are still funny some more serious


and these all were done in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi Stacy fun cards and text
Gr Karin

Super Jen said...

I love 3x3 cards too but tend to make them kid birthday oriented. Is the roll with it sentiment Unity too? I have the TP roll, which I love but wouldn't mind more sentiments!