3.30.2015

This weekends cards

 A closer look at the textures and colors of the card below. that was done inspired by this weeks featured stampers gallery where I found this card of Lisa's here.


 The changes are the sentiment banner is heat embossed moved to the bottom of the card with brads instead of buttons. the watercolor panel is up on pop dots. the color is from some derwent art bars and the darker dots were I had misted this with water when the first layers of color were dry and tried to sand off some dust off the darker shade of art bar but, most of it is stuck to the sand paper. ( its not dry enough to make dust) the gold is some pale gold pan pastels rubbed here and there. The Penny Black bloom was inked with distress makers and done over the top of all that after it was dry again. the embossing folder is from Sizzix ( argyle #2) . The base is blushing bride and this one is A-7 in real life.
The inspiration challenge on Saturday headed to a pinterest board of umbrella shots or a fancy Italian umbrella store online and I found this. I used an vintage dictionary page from a book that is really brittle and so, I did not get the paper wet enough for the ink to run. ( I barley got the ink wet enough to move a little) this is both some charcoal gray from Nick Bantock's line and going gray from SU. ( thinking both those inks are retired) the couple is from Unity Stamps and the sentiment is from Impression Obsession I did take a fine line pen and go over and around the sentiment a few times to make it more bold and a little thicker so it would not disappear into the text background. this is A-6 in real life.

I know are you shocked there was only two? me too.

1 comment:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card especially the card on top Stacy
Gr Karin