12.02.2014

{a catch up post}


On friday I had some time to play with these lawn fawn stitched snowflake dies that came in the mail. This one is 3 1/2" square in real life.


these are all 3" square


thinking this one is either 3 1/2 or 4" the stitched frame was done with an simon says stamp die, they are kinda different as the stitching is on both edges. 


I had worked on starting a new basket of little 3" cards to take down to the tashi soap. co. store ( they are going to carry these in there ) and so, 


I also made some for me to use. 


this snowman is  heat embossed in white powder.


just some simple ones from scraps.


and again. 


this one was done for my sil birthday last month, the sentiment is from Hero Arts.


Playing with the stitched frame dies from simon says stamp. the sentiment is from SU.



This was done as last sunday's featured stamper case from Nancy's gallery seen here. I so love the colors and textures mix of her card. and trying to recreate something with those bitty punchie sprays gives me an even higher appreciation for people who can create cool stuff from punchies. (and dies) the book page was sprayed with some seafoam heidi swapp color shine and some distress bundled sage. then the white is snow-tex. and my tiny little jar of snow-tex is starting to turn into a brick so, I could not use a brush to dab it on this version and I used my finger to smear it which made it pretty flat and a little bigger than I wanted it to be. so, now I am thinking I need to use up some more of it on something before the whole jar goes bad. ( good thing its a small bottle and fairly cheap) 


These four were done when I went upstairs to clean up the mess from making the above card. they are a little more simple though, I did not spray the book spray or add on the snow-tex to the book page and the lace is skinnier but, still vintage. the smaller ones are 5 1/2" square and the larger ones are 6". the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs, and the large pine sprig is from Hero Arts. 

No comments: