This weeks featured stamper is an hostess for the Try a New Technique challenge thread and her gallery was totally new to me but, I came across this card: and was like Whoa, I have to try this, even though I don't have any white pigment inkpads at all from any co. ( I was too disappointed in the lack of coverage of all of them so I tossed them years ago) but, I found Jenn's original tutorial ( here) and it said you could use acrylic paint... so I was lucky enough to find an ancient separated bottle of white in the closet. ( I shook it forever haha) So anyways, all my open flower stamps that I found ( were too big to do the random floral thing on an A-2 sized card front I did try one and ended up cutting out all the whole blooms and using those. scroll down.
the one on the left has one of the cut out ones on pop dots offset on the one in the corner and it is "off the box" of the card too.
a closer look at that one, its headed to gma Mary for her birthday later this week.
this one is headed to the booth next weekend. all of these the floral stamp is from Stampendous! called ruffled bloom.
This huge daisy is from Savvy stamps.
This sentiment is from Inkadinkado
two more cut out versions, these are 3 1/2" square in real life.
what the table looked like when I called it done for the day. funny thing the tempting turquoise re-inker stained the plastic paint tray I have and that struck me funny because I would have expected the real red to stain if anything.the blue blooms will get played with eventually I'm sure. this was a really fun thing to do which is a surprise because, I do not as a general rule enjoy waterpainting because of the lack of control I think the petals being heat embossed and raised up helped contain the water too.