2.25.2014

Lovefest 2014


This was done for the first challenge puppy love seen here. hosted by SCS 
I spent hours searching for my dymo label maker for this one and ( still have not found it yet) but the dog is from Penny Black and the letters are from MM magenetic CK alpahbets CK Stenography & Elusive. this card is A-6 in real life. 


The Stamping Bella challenge was to do something with a Spring theme. you can read about that here. This is one of the oldest bella's I own and the thought behind this is you know its spring when the dirt thaws out enough to play in it. the flowerpot die is from Spellbinders ( heartfelt creations line) so, this is more around the size of a gift card holder in real life. ( it fits in my hand) 


This one and the one below are both for the Taylored Expressions challenge which is to doodle. These stamps are from the set called Knit Wit and this one is 4" square in real life. 


now this was done just for the heck of it on Sunday afternoon before the lamb was born and I was "caught up" with the Lovefest challenges, I had been messing around with some sprays and a stencil and came across this daisy paper in the scrap bin and this TE sentiment ( spectacular set) was already die cut in a jello mold on the table so the centers of the flowers also received some doodled circles with an scattered straw marker. this one is 5 1/2" square in real life. 


This was done for the stamp-n-storage challenge to post a mug shot of either an organizing "win" or challenge. and I feel like I have posted many photos over the years of things I do to "organize" so, I decided to do this crop of this depression glass teacup on the table, its holding really cool vintage buttons, vintage glitter in glass breakers, etc, some wild orchid blooms, an stylus, its mostly a reminder cup because, I tend to play with what is in front of me so this makes me remember to go look for little bits and pieces so every card is not flat. not that there is anything wrong with flat cards I am just trying to not be such an hoarder. 


The Cats Pajama's challenge was a section of Inspiration Photos that were birdhouse/garden/spring-y themed and since I do not have any stamps from them yet I decided to just do this tag and added an IO sentiment to it. 


Now this was for the Sweet 'n Sassy color combo challenge. I have a very limited supply of SNS stamps and they just were not going to work for Red, Pink, tan & white as a color combo so I went with this A Muse sentiment just because. This one is 5" square in real life. 


The scor-pal challenge was called lets score... so, I used that handy dandy Gina K tutorial for another pop up gift card holder. That printed paper is from Basic Gray. the lace is vintage and the fabric sentiment sticker is from MM.


The My Favorite things challenge was to use an Heartfelt sentiment. so the brad is an heart shape. the printed paper is two sides of the same sheet from My Minds Eye and this one is 5" square in real life. 


The Simon Says Stamp challenge was to use diecuts, and so I had recently gotten this Prickley Pear sleeping baby stamp and thought this is something that "needs" a few frilly layers of die cuts. there are pop dots between the baby layer and the diecut layers, the lace ( sizzix ) embossing folder was colored with an copic marker also to add some depth to it. the seambinding is from hug snug and was spritz with some tap water to crinkle it.  


a closer look at the baby as promised. its colored with copic markers. the sentiments from an old old su set ( but, I don't know which one ) the lace on the corner is vintage. 


The paper smooches co. had a choice between fun and cute or classy & elegant and they are another one on my to buy from list so, I went with this Whippersnapper cute quaker oats cow and the fun Gina K sentiment from the funny farm set. the burlap is sewn to a scrap of speckletone before it was frayed along the edges. there are also pop dots under the cow layer.  


Now, I did not even notice the newest member co. but it is Perfect Paper Craft. If that makes you scratch your head ( me ok) its the Co. that makes those brilliant can't work without them Perfect Layers tools rulers. :) ( which I own several sets of ) you know just in case God forbid something should happen to the first set of rulers nope, I'm actually serious about that and not rolling my eyes. this was done for Hubs birthday tomorrow as we were having a "Quality vs. Quantity discussion of Wine at the grocery store on sunday... 

No comments: