5.19.2018

May Colors

 I just stopped what I was doing when I seen this Mondo Sakura stamp was released at Ellen Hutson recently. I just love the size of those floral's its very easy to me to color them as my eyes keep aging haha. So, I had one come in the mail with a couple of other new goodies and the sentiment is from that new Hero Arts Magnolia set. I had also seen the May Color challenge email come through sometime either right after I ordered this or when it came in the mail and I was really caught by the way the light flows through the petals of the image in the top left corner.

 So, I stamped the bloom on some kraft cardstock and heat embossed it with white powder and used some Polychromos pencils in blues and purples to color the petals. I did cut this out with scissors and pop it up on foam dots.

Over the same kraft color background because, I did not cut out in the center of the blooms. The ribbon is an older irridescent one from May Arts. the stitching detail is a wonky one from Simon Says Stamp and the purple shimmer is from Die cuts with a view and the base was a Paper Source Pool A7 cardbase that I trimmed some off the length and so this card is actually 5" x 6 1/2" in real life. ( it still will fit inside an A7 envelope)There is also a little bit of clear wink of stella in the centers of the stamens but, it did not photograph for me so, the sparkle is in real life only.

The May Colors challenge can be found here on the Ellen Hutson blog. To play along and see more projects created. the samples are all gorgeous.Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card, Stacy.You did a wonderful job colouring and embossing. So gorgeous.