3.14.2018

WOYWW #458 {a small mess}

Happy Desk Peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or 
play along this hop starts here at our hostess Miss Julia's blog.

 
Last Wednesday was our son's 22nd birthday and by the time I remembered it was Wednesday it was already Thursday and there was nothing to share. 
 So, last Sunday our son ( who is home on leave) went to his oldest friends house to spend the night and I snuck upstairs and made 3 simple cards the first was the first one in the post before this with the dear spring sentiment. behind that I did a couple of quick coffee winter/Christmas/friendship type cards from some Unity to-go coffee cups done in red ( the upright mug shot is below) The markers and stamps all on the table went into doing the spring card. ( and it still looks like this)

 A closer look at the center that thing in the middle I ordered on Valentines day from that Antique farmhouse site. it arrived on tuesday here. It is metal and fairly heavy for its size ( 14" tall) the spring is tight and I just might paint it. maybe adding some greens over the fake industrial grey/ grunge thing. I intend to use this to maybe hold up tags during shoots and or at the booth next November.

The unity stamps set these came from is called comfort to go. I did stamp the cover with Versafine satin red. I had picked up a tulip red (new versafine I forgot its other name coffee is still loading here) and it is nearly the same color of red ( the satin red and tulip red look the same to me anyways)
So, that's about it for me, we still have just a few days left of having him home and tomorrow I will be driving all day for work, so I am going to try to get a lot of stops in today. ( I hope) Thanks for stopping by! :) 

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Good morning, Stacy. Great that your son was home on leave. How long does he get to be home? Pretty cards. I love that coffee cup from Unity. Hadn't seen that one.

Hasn't been a lot of crafting here either but I hope to change that this week.
Creative Blessings!
Kelly

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Stacy, thanks for sharing about the similarity in colours. I have the mini versions of all the original Versafine inks so I won't bother with the new Versafine Clairs unless the colour is obviously different. Love the Christmas cards with a difference. Sarah #10

Monica said...

As I read your blog my late start seemed to catch up and I felt in a time warp until I realized you are already working on Christmas 2018! WOW!
Monica #31

SusanLotus said...

Cool cards!

And so much supplies to work with.
Have a fun WOYWW!
Sussie nr 24.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely to have your son home with you! Hope you had a great time together. That stamp in the last photo is amazing, so detailed but the colours made me smile, I'm sure they're the same, the company just renames them. Or is that me being cynical?
Thanks for dropping by,
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, Stacy, you have a great assortment of markers! I haven’t been crafting very much, but today I will try. Great that you are getting some done, though. You posted later than me, and yet you have already stopped by to see me. Thank you! Have a great week!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, great post. Love all the markers, and the unusual Christmas cards too! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, loving your Christmas cards. Now that is one great collection of pens but I think it's what you need when colouring so that you can blend the colours. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a lovely woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x9x

Helen said...

fab cards! I love that line about when you remembered it was Wednesday, it was Thursday! Classic!! Have a great week. Helen #5

Jan said...

Great work desk. Happy WOYWW xx Jan (36)

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, I love all your markers! Christmas cards so soon? Now that is organised! Have a lovely week Heather x #11

okienurse said...

busy desk today! That is a nice card! I see you have a lot of markers! I love markers too! I haven't been using them much recently and some have dried out...I have found the dye based reconstitute well with a few drops of Ink Refresher from Ranger ink and the alcohol ink ones I have been using denatured alcohol from the hardware store...pigment is still there they just dried out! Have a great weekend...Vickie #34

BJ said...

Son's and visits eh! Mine came home from Uni for the Easter break, hence my late replies, glad you got some card making in. Thanks for the visit BJ#2