3.18.2018

Vitamin Sea Dreams

This weeks featured stamper is Carlene and I found this card that I just love in her gallery and so, my first thought was to start with a die that would do the honeycombs or something and I found this Tim Holtz Mixed media set and thought oh that is cool, you could do a garden theme around that, and then once it was cut I seen that purple sand dollar just sitting there daring me to use it so, in the beginning this card had the sand dollar closer to the bottom and the round shape mimicked the but, knowing I had this sentiment and forgetting how large it is, I had to wiggle things around which is OK I like how this turned out. I did not paper piece inside the holes of the diecut and just doodled some color into them. there is some wink of stella on the sand dollars body and I switched out the pearls for goosebumps, moved the band of texture down towards the bottom. The sand dollar Tim Holtz blueprint is heat embossed with white and so was that Club Scrap Lagoon Greetings sentiment.  This one is 5" square in real life.
and finds me wishing I was on vacation :) thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Oh this is so pretty Stacy! Love the pops of color on the background and I LOVE that sentiment! You always find the greatest ones! :-)