10.11.2017

WOYWW #436 {Backgrounds & a clean slate}

Happy Desk Peeking day, I did take the first few shots Tuesday night after work.. (after Tuesday's fallidays cards were done) and I have made ummm 26 things since the last friday so, I hit my piles limit on my desk last night and had to clear the decks after the seriously piles started sliding off the table.  If you want to know why anyone in their right mind would tell you such a truth, you can find out more here at our hostess Miss Julia's blog and play along with us.

 So, under neath these backgrounds are all the various scraps that were piled up since last Friday night. and it kept sliding, to the floor. since the paper trash bin is between this cart and the plastic table on the floor there that is not fun to fish out something you want to keep. so,that is pretty much what forces me to pick up behind my self.

 On Tuesday after work, these are the two cards I ended up with. the cloudy clear block is one I have not stamped with for a long time ( since it became cloudy ) but, it is the one I used to tie the eyelash fibers around to pat through the white paint. so the total sum of my "cheap" acrylic paints are out in this shot, left over fibers, stray die cuts.

 I had saved this huge piece of chipboard from some Martha Stewart thing a long time ago ( probably the score board) and I use it as a flat surface drying thing ( that I can pick up and move ) when I am making messy stuff. it normally hides under the table.
These are all Dendritic backgrounds done with acrylic paint smooshed between a torn apart cd case lids.

 and after dinner I did pick up everything, except some of the piles moved to the floor. this last year during the remodel I did some shopping. ( which you have seen) but, since that stopped, and the gardening has slowed way down. I have been a shopping fool. so, on the floor in the corner are all the rubber cling stamp sets I have purchased in the last few months and not organized yet, and there were so many the dies had to go into a second basket. and the clear stamps are easier for me so, those are already on the shelf in pockets in clear bins. oh that poor tissue paper I wanted to do the inking embossing on was grabbed as a blotter on Saturday during the Alcohol inks play so, it's still out so I can remember to try that.

A pile of left over backgrounds since Saturday, the ones closest to the edge are eyelash fibers with white paint for "blizzards" the middle pile is heavyweight Yupo paper with alcohol inks. and the far tiny pile is the smooshed paint the card stock was cut to quarter sized sheets because, the cd case was so tiny. but, since you are pressing it together it's probably a good idea in hind sight that I did not pick bigger smooth pieces to try and smoosh. :) Behind all that is a wooden easel that I have been leaning my cell phone up against instead of dropping it into that tray of dies. (figure its farther from the splash zone there) but, usually the phone just tilts it over. and it doesn't always work unless there is a counter weight in the front of it.
So, that's about it for the moment. thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your techniques for creating sound really crazy this week - the CD case painting one in particular. I love it - why should crafting be staid It's good to be messy, lol!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am so loving those background papers and would love to see how you use them too. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafting too, Angela x7x

April said...

I love your desk with all the piles of goodies. Great backgrounds. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
April #15

Helen said...

you are so productive! I haven't done any crafting all week! Great backgrounds. Helen #2

Cheetarah said...

I keep making piles of backgrounds too and have now currently 3 boxes of left overs... it's amazing how using up scraps create more scraps! The cards you made are beautiful! Happy rest of the week! xo Cheetarah WOYWW #13

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, there's a new term for me ... "smooshed" paint! Your desk looks organised but very busy! I'm sure whatever you make with those backgrounds will turn out to be fantastic! Have a lovely week, Heather #32

glitterandglue said...

My goodness, Stacy - what fun you have been having. I expect you will make more lovely cards and bits with all those backgrounds. Sympathising with the falling piles! mine cascade every now and then as well. My desk now looks totally different to the photo on my post - all tidied up ready for when I come home after my holiday!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Angie said...

Look at you go! I really don't know what stops me from spending more time being creative. I love all your backgrounds! Thanks for the visit and yes, Alley takes over any box, bin or spot she can, they are, after all, all hers!
Angie #30

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Stacy, you certainly have been using an array of techniques over the past week. Love the creativity. Sarah #20

Lindart said...

Nice to see a craft room as messy as mine - my trash and recycling are both overflowing and need to be emptied today. I have certainly had the pleasure of going through the trash paper by paper, looking for something that "probably" fell into it. Usually something clear like a cling stamp! You did a great job of tidying up too! Sorry I'm so late this week! Thank you for your earlier visit, Lindart #26