10.04.2017

WOYWW #435 {the piles are breeding }

Happy Desk Peeking day! If you'd like to see more this blog hop starts 
here at our hostess Miss Julia's blog where you can find all the how to play along info.

 
 Off to the left is piles of happy mail I intend to play with ASAP.
(the ones with handmade cards are in the previous blog post here) That square die from Waffle flower is huge. It is the biggest stitched square die I have ever come across, since I tend to make larger than a2 cards I was totally excited to see that Simon Says Stamp had that brand on sale towards the end of stamptember. so, the third order is in the house also.

 Another thing that came with the square die and the tiny sentiment rectangles is this studio Katia shaker tag2 die. I started playing with that on Monday night after dinner and I ended up cutting three layers two with the window cut out for the sequins and beads to shake better with no foam and I also used tulle for the window covering rather than acetate. ( I like that a lot) the funny part is this die also cuts the tag shape in the drop piece and when I was looking at the dies I thought I was going to get a back and a frame but, this is what you get. the hole and window are floating dies ( so you cut them from the solid tag) and so, that part is a little time consuming lining them up for each pass through the machine. but, they cut beautifully and I think I will have fun playing with this.
Underneath the mermaid tail ( yep, its still floating) is one of those impression panels from last weeks shot, it seems to make the impression fairly easily actually (YAY) but, to get it to show up I had to ink it with progressively darker colors of ink. the first few were too pale and you really had to know I had impressed it to see it. I did use a tan mat under the cardstock.

off to the right is a sequins box on top of a bunch of dried stamped sentiments that need die cut.
so, now to just steal some time to clean up some of this mess and play. Thanks for stopping by!

In exciting news, the local ford dealer has had my truck since the first week in august... they called at 10 to 6 last night that they were finally "done" with my truck ( it has an entire new back end ) all warranty work, so since they close at 6 pm. and the rental place closed at 5, I am picking up my truck again this morning (and going on a drive)

7 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I spy a box of sparkly stuff in the last picture - you can't beat a bit of bling!! Hope your truck is good and you're happy with it - I love driving too and am never happier than when on a road trip!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. What a lot of fun things all around your desk today. Trust the truck is good! Enjoy your drive. Like Jan, I'm very happy driving - don't even put music on most of the time - just enjoy the enclosed space all by myself!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the box of sparkles and sequins. Hope you pick up your truck OK tomorrow and enjoy your first road trip in it! Sarah #20

Helen said...

what a busy desk!! Good news about the truck. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gosh! after all that time I bet you will be pleased to have your wheels back. Great desk today. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, when you're not out driving of course! Angela x11x

Julia Dunnit said...

Extremely useful dies those, and I love the idea of using some tulle instead of acetate. Prettier and of course, not so static! Great idea. Also like the 'trim a tree' cuts you have there, nice papers. Have fun with your truck, it's obviously been a bit of a challenge for the garage. I hope you can't tell the difference!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what a fun peek at your desk! You are amazing...I just am so enthralled by all you do and how organized you are. I love all the details that you describe and how I can click on the photos and see close up. So cool...and so inspiring! And great news about the truck! Woohoo! Hugs! xoxo