4.06.2016

Two Paper Diva's April New Release {day 2}

 It's day two of the April newest releases from Two Paper Diva's This darling bird can be found in this set called feel better . On the day I decided to play with this set I had a piece of scrap dictionary page on the table that had been used on something else and I thought I bet this bird would look good with text on him. So I did the eyelids I did not paper piece and colored with an antique linen distress marker as it was a close enough color match to the way the vintage bookpage had discolored to over time. This was die cut with an Spellbinders postage stamp die and the edges of that were inked with a colorbox fluid chalk ink pad in cream brown ( the best ever color for doing something like this the softness effect is perfect for me every time) and I added in the miss you from the everyday sentiments set

As it happens my son is deployed right now and so, I was thinking of him as I made this ( and I have my fingers crossed that he gets it soon so, I am not linking this one on facebook just yet because, it really should be sometime this week that it arrives. So, we used to write letters a lot to each other when he was in bootcamp but, after that he had his cell phone and we reverted back to texting & calling again so, this was just a piece of happy mail and with that thought in mind I unearthed this really old K & Co. letter print paper and tucked in some canceled postage stamps I had pulled off envelopes from friends that came to me. ( that bird stamp from Sabrina in Ireland has been in that tea cup on the table for a long long time now, it was being saved for something "special" haha. ) Tied off with bit of scrappers floss for that tied up packages look and its actually fairly flat except for the string in real life this is A-6. You can find all of this months new released sets gathered together here. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love this, Stacy. xoxo