4.10.2016

Some recent Challenge cards

 Last weekends Featured Stamper was Simone who posted this most awesome baby card I have seen in a while. ( I loved every detail so much I promptly looked at frantic stamper to see if they had one, and mine landed in my mailbox on Wednesday. ( so this was done very late) Changes were to add layers and such. the framed white layer is from the ODBD recent loot lavish layers die, the sentiment is from the Mama Elephant labeled messages set. the Memory Box Precious Mobile die was cut with both MM Silver Mirror Paper and some pink shimmer to do embedded dies on the hearts that cut as frames. these are all up on pop dots. that sheer ribbon is unknown and the print paper is from My Minds eye.


 Now this is inspired by a wedding cake seen on this blog here. That rose die cut is from Heidi Swapp. (it feels like very thin wood veneer in person but, its packaging says its paper) ( well paper is made from wood but, you know what I mean) Its one of those multi packs where there are 2 each of 4 different designs. ( I found it at Joanns a month or so ago when Hubs needed foam for his gun safe remodel) The base on this is Blush Blossom and its 5X7 in real life. the sentiment is from Savvy Stamps cut with a justrite Vintage sentiment tag die.

 A closer look the center, the prima and wild orchid crafts blooms are layered. the pearls are from Prima also.

 Isn't that just amazing, while I was looking at all the cakes my head said OH My Gosh can you imagine how much time that took and wanting to cry when it was cut into. ( but, then I always think that when I see amazing cakes) (and I did click through to see the stencil they used and was really glad I just buy stencils for paper crafting and not food after seeing the price tag (sticker shock)


 Now this was done inspired by Cheryl's gallery This is not based on any one thing but, I totally LOVED these tea cups. and here and here. ( I have not clue what die she used for these they look like tea cup shaped gift holders to me)
I also really loved all the shabby chic cards with this awesome stitching on the edges like this card here. So, my card is kinda a mix of all that inspiration. It's 6" square in real life, the sentiment is from the Two Paper Diva's banners 1 sentiment set and the Tea Cup is from the Sizzix Tim Holtz tea time die, the white frilly layer is from the Our Daily Bread Designs Filigree Frames die, the lace and ric rac is vintage. the blooms are from wild orchid crafts ( because, as much as I love lumpy flowers on things I really don't like to make them which is just something I learned a long the way after buying a few rolled roses dies)

The cup body is up on pop dots over the saucer. and there is one tucked under the edge of the banner die with the sentiment too. The textured purple paper is from a multi pack that came from big lots many years ago when they first opened a store in this town. The print below that is from Basic Grey. I did use some bitty staples to attach the lumpy thick ric rac to this. ( which I added in mostly to cover up the backing up and locking of the stitches on those corners of the prints that were sewn. for a first time trying this stitch setting it does not look too bad but, I think the tension was just too loose to get it the tight look that Cheryl's have on her cards.?? ( not really sure that is just a best guess)

No comments: