6.24.2015

WOYWW #316 {a two-fer day}

I cannot believe how fast these wednesdays are coming :) 
If you want to know why knowing its Wednesday is a big deal you can read all about this blog hop at the source where it starts our hostess Julia's blog here.
 
 This is still a mess upstairs. but, this is also the last day for ear drops. this was taken tuesday after work. I had made that baby card Sunday for the featured stamper challenge and the piles of yellow and green scraps were discards from that. underneath of that is a pile of stamped sentiments that were diecut and needing put away. (started cleaning after this was shot)


 let's see got out the basket of sequins to add spots to the giraffe and that is still out because, I need to put away all the ones that I had removed from the mouse shaker card. the pile of sentiments on the right they don't really fit in my dies very well so, I think I need to cut all those with scissors. I did diecut enough of them that the plastic box closes again. the butterfly is from Justrite. way on the far left I got all the rubber from club scrap cut up and in boxes but, only maybe 4 stamps have cling foam on them. I always forget how much I really despise cutting that sticky foam. so, I know it will be a very good long while before I order any more neekid rubber.

meanwhile in the spare room downstairs I got some of those X cube office supply organizers ( like what I have upstairs for my su & distress markers) I looked at all my vintage things I have collected and as much as I like how they look its really a pain when you are crawling under the table to fetch stray pens that popped out the back side of something that you had layed on its side. so, right now I only have coloring cheat sheets for the copic markers and the watercolor pencils. so, I need to make something for the new markers and I picked up a handful of some polychromos pencils to try out.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Hello Stacy, This is my first time playing and I really enjoyed my visit to your workspace. Sounds as if you've been very busy. Is you floor covered in bits from die cutting like mine usually is. Enjoy the rest of your day. Barb #33

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Besides today's desk I have a blast from the past shot as well and I used to have a bunch of those plastic organizers and two of the Xs on top of my desk. The few I have left are in the bathtub now. Um.. yeah, that's odd. I have a bunch of things for a crafty yard sale in the bathtub as it was a convenient place to put things until then. Anyway, I hope the ear is all better now that it has had a week of drops. Lots of this and that on your desk, sweet little giraffe card. Judy #50

Sharon Madson said...

Stacy, so good to see you at WOYWW and SCS! :) Loved your giraffe card. And let me get this straight, you have two craft rooms/spaces???!!! Wow! :) Thanks for the peek; enjoyed it! #41

Lisca said...

Two craft spaces? Lucky you. The pencil storage looks really practical. You can easily get at them.
Thanks for sharing your space,
Have a good week,
Lisca

Lisca said...

Sorry, forgot to give my number: 17
Lisca

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Sequin spots on the giraffe?! How wonderful.....why shouldn't a giraffe be blinged up?! Lol. That butterfly is beautiful too. Love your craft space, it's wonderful!
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Stacy happy WOYWW and thank for visiting. You have two work areas wow. Great ideas for storing markers and pencils though - you do have a lot, but they are sooo good to use. Hope you get the sticky backing sorted out so you can do some cards. Cheers, enjoy your week RobynO#18

Shoshi said...

Lovely busy desk, Stacy. It all looks very interesting and industrious! Thanks for your lovely comment - and for your kind words about my little angel! I started another one tonight and he's got a sculpted face in needle felt - first ttime I've done that and I'm quite pleased with it. I shall be blogging about it in a day or two. Thank you also for the hugs and good wishes for my continuing treatments. I'm starting to feel better today which is good - hopefully I'll get some things done this coming week before the next one comes around.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #31

April said...

I'm liking that new storage for the pens and pencils. I may have to invest in some of the x cubes.
April #57