9.19.2018

WOYWW #485 {images & shopping}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 This is a wednesday morning shot of some images I had colored during the slow times during work on tuesday ( yes, it was an long day) (it's the middle of the month) and I am alone at work again today so, will probably see more of the same but, I intend to grab my pencil storage container thing I cannot think of the name of it of Polychromos today though so, it won't be such a limited supplies challenge with just a handful of pencils haha. I have a pouch of random images to color no real ryhme or reason to it. just things stamped off that I wanted to color.

 and because, I knew this was going to be a long week at work and not really having any playtime until after thursday I shot this on monday night thinking it was all you were going to see. the Sept. Hero arts kit arrived on monday and I had added in some other things ( moon cloud dies that were sold out when I got the african stamps and some carousel animals and new leaves.)  I probably didn't need the leaf stamps but, they look like they would work well with the oxides and not need colored so, I grabbed a set while I was poking around in there.

Sunday there was a featured stamper challenge and this week it is Preethi, who has a beautiful gallery and I happened to stop at this beauty and since this challenge always requires "changes" the point is not to recreate their card as is but, to use it as a jump start for something of your own. So, I really mostly do not have good luck heat embossing on yupo papers and most of the backgrounds I have made in the past just waiting for an idea are alcohol ink ones ( like the scraps you see to the sides those cards are in the post before this one) so, I knew if I made it a card with the heat embossing first and then the coloring that would be one change right off the bat. (and I had this background laying in that pile to the left ;) ) So, other changes were the colors, to make it square and move the sentiment to the left side of the card. 

The sentiment is from the Taylored expressions spectacular set and the background is the Simon Says Stamp Ornate background with some DOX Honey & Lipstick. the butterfly stick pin I picked up a long time ago from Impress. That's about it for me this week, I am hoping to start some fall things this weekend maybe with those leaves, the other side of the kit has dies and one is an oval frame with leaves I think. ( it was the thing that pushed me over the edge on this months kit anyways) So, thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

glitterandglue said...

HI Stacy. That's a lovely card - well done. Enjoy the kit!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Caro said...

What lovely new goodies and the card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. God Bless. Caro x (#16)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy. Lucky you to have some time to colour at work. Loving the new goodies, gorgeous stamps and brilliant dies too. Very nice card, love the colours. Thanks for the visit to mine, enjoy your crafty week and happy woyww, Angela x17x

Sarah Brennan said...

What a lovely card Stacy! That circle die with the cut ins by Hero Arts looks intriguing. Does it give a tattered moon effect? Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

fab colouring, would that my days at work allowed me to do that! Love the Hero kit, it looks really good. Helen #3

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness Stacy. You have so many wonderful new supplies each time I visit. And where in the world do you work that you can color while earning a living? I want that job, too.

I hope you drop by my blog because I tried to show an answer to a question you asked me two weeks ago about masks and stencils. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Lindart said...

Love the card Stacy! beautiful colours and the stamp is gorgeous! I've always wanted to subscribe to a monthly kit, I love surprises and the challenge of making something from what someone else chose for you! I had never heard of Taylored Expressions, so I had to Google it! Thanks for your visit to mine, and have a great week! Lindart #25

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Loving those Fancy mood dies never seen those before Stacy very clever cuts. Have fun colouring in during the quiet times, I have a folder full of images that I colour when I get some down time. Tracey #7

Dorlene Durham said...

Beautiful bright card! Very nice. Dorlene #28

pat brennan said...

Just desk hopping to get to know who is who. You are all so passionate and creative.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think you made good use of your down time...I have some beautiful art materials but never seem to get around to using them...sigh. That's a great card too!
Hugs LLJ 13 xx