9.12.2018

WOYWW # 484 {Christmas}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 So, this is a Tuesday afternoon shot. I had these Spellbinders dies arrive in the mail with some other Amazon things and set them here real quick to shoot this. ( then pushed them aside to start on the IC samples for this weekend, considering I am hosting this week I really should have something to show right? :) ) The card on the way far left is seen below and it was done with some of that stack of Chlorophyll printing onto watercolor paper ( tutorial found here) Basically you just smoosh a leaf inside two pieces of watercolor paper with some paper towels around the outside of that to catch stray drips if you pick a juicy leaf and run it through your die cutting machine. I will tell you I had better luck with thin Canson watercolor paper than the very textured Shizen paper (that sticks together so when you try to pull it apart the paper just shreds)
 So this print was done from the parts of Asparagus plants that go to seed. and it was the thing when I was trying this that I got the best and darkest prints from so, I made a stack of them ( as seen to the left of the glass mat) and I wanted to make them into Christmas cards thinking they looked like boughs so, this one turned out like this, I had originally thought when I dug out this sentiment it was going to get a tiny heart brad dangling from the "branches" but, I think this works too. that heart craft button is really thick and clunky so there is a couple of glue dots under it even though it is tied on with the hemp string. Things are quiet around here again, its such a whirlwind to get back to "normal" of being empty-nesters when your adult child comes home ( and brings his friends) yeah, so mostly I am just puttering this week and trying to catch up on some sleep. thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Neet said...

Gosh it is a long time since I did any printing with flowers and leaves in my old Wizard machine. Never remember doing anything as beautiful as that card you are showing us with the asparagus - really lovely.
Hope you enjoy your new dies and get some lovely 'makes' from them for us to see.
Hugs, Neet 9 xx
ps seems ages since I was on here, have you been missing?

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous idea and so effective Stacy. I love how the asparagus looks just like pine branches; perfect for Christmas cards. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Helen said...

Never tried this, but your end result is just gorgeous! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, loving your leaf prints. I have done this before but didn't get such a good impression as this, it's lovely. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x13x

Paper Wishes said...

The Chlorophyll printing looks really interesting and totally looks like evergreen boughs for Christmas. Im impressed you carried on and did not allow the new dies to distract you! Hope you get time to enjoy them this week. #27

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, I've not heard of this type of printing, but it certainly looks effective, and the heart is perfect on that card. Enjoy your new dies and Amazon goodies, and definitely enjoy catching up on your sleep. Have a lovely week Heather x #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, that asparagus print makes for an awesome bough on the Christmas card...who'd have thought it, eh?! Such a clever idea!
Hugs LLJ 10 xx

Marit said...

I really like the print and how you turned it into a Christmas card, it looks amazing! I know how it is having an adult child visiting... when my man-childs comes to stay he puts the quiet world I'm used to live in upside down with his energy and talk (but I LOVE it!) Have a great day, hug from Holland. Marit #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely Stacy...no big and clunky in my line of vision I can tell you, what an inspired idea with the boughs, they look as if you could reach out and touch them. I hope your quiet week has been nourishing and allowing you to kset’ the memories, I must admit, I love the after quiet almost as much as I love the visit!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am NOT ready to make Christmas cards, but I adore the one you made with asparagus seeds. Clever and unique. Sorry I was late visiting. Happy belated WOYWW from #3.



glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy.Getting later by the minute with my visits this week!! That card is lovely - well done - sounds like a fun technique!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #20

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love how your print turned out Stacy, it's a good feeling when we can replicate something so successful. You will soon have a lovely Christmas Card Stack.
Thank you for sharing WOYWW enjoy those dies. Tracey #4