9.07.2018

Inspired by {Paper and Stitch}

This week Angie has directed us to the Paper and Stitch blog where I fell in love with this Valentines day inspired wall display, and said to my self oh, you could do any shape and do it like a patchwork. (that is what I see when I look at this image seen below) so, I started with this Sizzix Tree die.

 The sentiment on this one is from Stampin Up Joy  set. the textured paper is unknown and after I cut the tree I then cut it a second time with a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die to give it that one more detail, the green in the embedded part is from Neenah, the sentiment banner die is from Lawn Fawn, I did cut off the left side fishtails. The ink of all these sentiment was Versafine Onyx Black. I have a page protector clear pocket that I have small scale Christmas prints in for die cutting tiny pieces from so all those squares came out of that pocket.


 now this one was done because, I had these negative and spare pieces and I love the texture of that paper that is the tree on this one and did not want to cover it up, I have been hoarding it since the store where I found it closed and I only have a few sheets left so, I really use all the pieces when I do cut one. The base on this one is some Stardream Opal (shimmery cardstock)
The sentiment on this one is from Impress and it was cut with a Hero Arts tall & cute tag die, the brad is unknown. the green mat was cut with a waffle flower Lacy Layers A7 die. This card is A7 in real life.

 This one I used the largest Hero Arts nesting heart die to cut the heart and the Simon Says Stamp stitched squares ( smallest die) to do the quilt blocks. This one is 6" square in real life. that sentiment is from a very old SU set called Joy. The red corrugate is from Fancy Pants the textile print is from Kasier Kraft. That green for the sentiment banner I think just might be a scrap of PTI Moss.

 So, it was one of those third times a charm things, I think this fourth card really nails that IC the best So, it will probably be the one uploaded to the gallery. And I will probably end up making a few more of these style cards as I do have other "heart" Christmas sentiments and tons of scraps I can die cut like this as bitty squares. The woven texture sheet is from Die Cuts With a View, the textile heart is from Kaiserkraft. The Impress sentiment was cut with a Spellbinders labels 58 die.


The blog post for this heart shaped collage of prints on the wall can be seen here in their site. You can find the challenge details to play along with us here at SCS.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Stacy I love these cards. And I can't stop looking at those little SSS Stitched squares. They are so cute. I love stitching on cards. I always say I am going to try it. Thanks for sharing these beauties and thanks for the visit for WOYWW.
Have a blessed day!
Belinda#30

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy! I LOVE these cards and especially love the small stitched squares that are so my kinda style! Being a former quilter, I love anything that looks like a quilt or something that has been sewn, and I love how you've used them in the tree die and the heart die. Beautifully done and just fabulous cards, sweet friend! You totally rock (and you totally have lots of patience to cut all those bitty squares)! And finally, what a perfect inspiration piece for this particular week and website. It's fabulous! Hugs and love! xoxo

CherylQuilts said...

Well, isn't today's mail the most fabulous?!?!? I love the Christmas card, sweet Stacy! It's one of my favorites, and I will cherish it and your sweet note inside!! Big ole hugs, sweet Stacy!! xoxo