12.20.2017

WOYWW #446 { 3" cards}

Happy desk peeking day, you can find the linkup to see more
 or play along here at out hostess Miss Julia's Blog.
Well, as you can see having the die piles picked up and put away did not last long. I have been making tags off and on since last week. I actually only have two more things to wrap. That I do not need tags for but, that sit and do nothing thing does not work so well for me so, Monday night I colored some of these tiny Hero Arts bits and pieces on die cut scraps and Tuesday night I glued them to some 3" card bases. I need to line the navy blue shimmer one with a plain piece of white so it can be written in. and I am debating about going over the tops of the coloring in spots with tiny markers. These were mostly colored with Polychromos pencils and a clear gel pen. the shaker tags towards the bottom right were die cuts done with the Honey Bee globe and ornament shaker tag die. I was messing around with cutting layers of paper last Saturday night so, the first one ( the blues one) only has 5 layers, and the sequins are all pretty stuck and the beads shake, so the white one that is unfinished has 7 layers of cardstock and I am trying to decide what will fit into these tiny little openings for scenes or something. which lead me to digging out those tiny Hero Arts stamps and now I think I don't want to cut out those tiny images with scissors, so I probably would need to stamp the scenes on little circles to glue into the shaker tags.
which is all just prototype stuff because, I don't really need anymore tags right this minute, its just I really like shaking the shakers so, I want to make a bunch of them before next Christmas.
Speaking of which, I hope you all have a blessed Christmas with your families and thanks for stopping by and visiting my little spot on the web. Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Stacy,

Such an interesting desk-you have been really busy.
Your gift tags are wonderful. I'd like to try making shaker cards.

Happy WOYWW and a Merry Christmas to you.

Angela
Angel Greetings #29

Anonymous said...

I love the look of your desk and your creations!!!!

Helen said...

Fab desk!! Happy Christmas Helen #1

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Great little tags - well done. Already starting on next Christmas is a bit keen though - puts the rest of us well into the shade! Have a fantastic Christmas season.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy. I knew I'd forgotten something! Gift tags! Thankfully still got a few days to get some made! Have a lovely Christmas Heather #32

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, I know you’ll set to and through the year you will get done with the shakers. But blimey...7 layers!!! You are extremely big on the patience front Gal! it’s been a lot of fun for me this year, rummaging on your desk...thanks! Happy Christmas!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's a funny thing Stacy but it always seems that no matter how much stuff we have there is always something that you go looking for and find you don't have them like the black brads you mentioned. Making your own tags is a great idea, will have to give it a go. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a good Christmas and a great woyww too, Angela x8x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Sometimes we just HAVE to make stuff! Those tags are great and I'm glad you had fun doing all those layers. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Merry Christmas Stacy, such great tags. Sarah #9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, love the tags. Not yet tried a shaker card, something else I keep meaning to do. At least you are off to a good start for next year! Have a lovely Christmas, Love & Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

BJ said...

Super little cards. Have a Happy Christmas and a Crafty New Year BJ#27