12.25.2017

Bridge Cards

 A thank-you card for Hubs hunting buddy for all of his Christmas gifts he gave us this year, it ended up becoming a "deer" card because of the gift seen below.
I did follow the instructions that Sabrina has shots of in the try a new technique challenge thread here today. so, these cards do fold flat into an A-2 sized envelope in real life. The sentiment on this one is from the Simon Says Stamp set called You got this, the deer are both Tim Holtz Sizzix dies one from the reindeer flight die and the other from the winter wonderland dies. I did guess where to add the eyeball with a sharpie marker.
 Hubs hunting buddy gifted him with this "deer poop" necklace as a gag gift for Christmas this year, it was tucked down inside a wine gift bag.
( I told him he should wear this to work on wednesday lol)
Hubs did shoot some awesome (photographs) of deer and various other critters in the woods this year. I think he enjoys that part of "hunting" even more than collecting the gear and dressing up to go camp in the woods to just wander around the woods and such. 

 For my friend at work and her husband who gave us way too many things for Christmas that included an Angel with a red & green tartan skirt and feather wings, so when I started this card I was going to have an angel on it but, the one angel die I have really didn't work for me when I was pushing things around and knowing that she loves snow I switched gears mid stream and kept the red plaid with the snowman.

 I tried to shoot a more over the bridge and down into the scene shot but, its probably one of those things you'd have to shoot before it was glued together.
The bridge protects the lump of the bow and the pearl on the inside when its folded flat.

The back side has one sentiment from Hero Arts ( sending love ) is from the Holiday tags and dies set and the Thanks for everything is from the Altenew Enchanted Iris set.

 One more with the same deer. the birch bark "paper" is wrapping paper from Pier1 imports and the text paper in the center is from the same pebbles sheet as the center snowman card. the Thanks diecut was done with opal stardream shimmer cardstock, the stamped sentiments are also hero Arts from the May 2016 monthly hero kit set. I did layer two cuts of the winter wonderland deer ( buck) to have a darker shade of brown be the "shadow" of him. the eyes were done with a sharpie marker.
I hope you are all having a great Christmas, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: