6.25.2017

Cracked Poinsettia's

This is a first attempt at playing with deco arts crackle paste That I ended up combining with distress Oxide inks through a masked stencil. 

 A side shot, this was "mostly" dry when shot so, the card will probably have to go between some books once it is really dry to flatten for a while. the sentiment is from the Concord & 9th O Christmas tree set and the poinsettia's are from a Tim Holtz stencil.


 When I first put this on and started pulling the stencil off ( I masked it a lot) this was completely white so, this is how much had dried after I attempted to clean the stencil ( that did not remove the crackle) but, I didnt try scrubbing it, I just tried rinsing it.

 As it continued to dry the colors started to peek through and the crackle was very visible. the whole stencil received fired brick oxide distress ink then I added some peeled paint over the leaves. this dried a funny color but, I kind of like the quiet look to it.

 If you click on these photos it will change them to a larger shot then you can use your browsers back button to resume reading. This shot was done when it was "mostly" dry and I had added clear wink of stella over the berries and the centers of the flowers.

I have not taken anymore shots after this to see if the last of the white has faded or not yet, but it was looking like it was not going to fade that the uninked parts where the crackle seeped under the stencil are going to dry white. ( but, I would assume if you are doing some layered Mixed Media piece you could paint right over the top with color) the wink of stella did not lift any color from the berries or the center.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

It's gorgeous!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is a fantastic Christmas card but I always start to panic a bit when I see people making them as I inevitably seem to be on the last legs making them. This maybe is the push I need Stacy. Just love it xXx