6.11.2017

{ A catch up post }

Hi, I am having computer issues at home and thought changing antivirus services would help but, it seems to be hit and miss as far as when I can get the internet to let me use it at home now. so, all of these cards are just going to share a post.


A while back the Inspiration challenge headed to this basket collection where I stopped on this mug shot
And ended up with this card below. the Leaves are from a Simon Says Stamp die and the Sentiment is from the Mama Elephant just a note set.

 The bottom ribbon is some older sinamay and it is very scratchy and stiff so, I did wrap this around to the back and then line the inside of the front cover to hide the tape.

 Added in and un inked wood chip bird because, it felt a little more organic that way and a bitty recollections pearl.


Now this one was done for when Jari was the featured stamper she posted this gorgeous card that I have had in my favorites since that time and I really don't have a similar die so, I took this Sizzix Garden lattice frame die and cut it in half length wise and spun the edges to the center to give it a lacy look. the under that is the drop piece that it was cut from to give me something to add glue and the tied on lace is helping keep it together also because, there is only adhesive under the skinny solid cardstock parts in the this view.


This is this weeks color combo challenge ( blushing bride, pear & wisteria wonder) and the title of the challenge peeked through the forums as " Wondering bride eats the..." so, I had to go see the rest of the story and it turned out to be pears lol with a dessert option of use vellum. so, the Mama Elephant just a note set is still new to me and when I was done watercoloring the back side of this vellum I had run through a cherry blossoms folder I thought this looks all new and springy. and decided it would work for a baby shower card. the banner was inked with some oxide distress when I first got those pads the pink corrugate is from fancy pants and the sheer ribbon is really certainly celery but, I think the colors are "close enough" 
 That purple gem is a goosebumps one from Queen & co.

 There was a challenge a few weeks ago from Judy to have no stamping on the project so, this was one of the piles of those butterflies I cut paired with an acrylic paint covered diecut coffee shop drive through lid.

 and a second butterfly card just because, I think I am running out of thinking of you cards.

 This one the frame and the sentiment are from a Studio Katia Die that I ordered direct from them in Canada and had really good service and a little free gift with the dies, that was so sweet.

Yesterday the Inspiration challenge headed to a collection of some of Audrie's favorite things she has seen people do for the Inspiration challenge she hosts weekly and I picked this fun one of Priscilla's and altered it to be a dog with a disaster. I kept the angle and the themed sentiment and changed the colors. I ended up making this one be 6" square because, the tilted avery elle postage frame would not fit on a skinny card this away. That sentiment is from Impression Obsession, the flower pots are from 100 proof press, the tall skinny planter in the back is from an SU set called scene in a garden and the sprig on the ground in the front is from another old SU set (that I did not write its set name on any of the blocks oops)

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Great cards Stacy! Love Love Love that lacey die cuts only card. So pretty! Love that puppy card too with that fun sentiment. Sorry your internet is being crappy!