3.13.2017

Ready for Spring

 I don't know about you but, I am totally ready for spring to start here. This is day 3 of some dryness and sunshine and we are totally enjoying it. So, even some windows are open again. Scribbled some pencils on this Darkroom door image at work today. ( prisma and polychromos) (no blending or pigment melting) #thedailymarker30day  Nope, I have not colored each day but, I am happy that I have colored a few things this last week. the sentiment's from the Altenew birthday greetings set, the banner Mama Elephant tags a lot die was cut from some Neenah (white) and has some oxide peeled paint smooshed onto it. the base of this card is Papertrey Ink's spring moss ( which is a very close match for the peeled paint oxide ink in real life) I think the photo editing software changes the colors just a little bit and its hard for me to judge that anymore. ( at home my monitor is quite a bit brighter than my work one) I think in real life it is not quite so yellow-ish.

This finished out at 5X7. the bottom of the image panel was cut a second time with a poppystamps tailored stitches die. The red stardream shimmer panel was cut with a stitched rect. die from Simon Says Stamp. Here's hoping you are having weather that makes you happy too, thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful tulip card Stacy
Gr Karin

Janice M said...

Love your coloring and the way you combined the two die cuts for the sentiment is cool! My daffodils and tulips were up but are now buried under a foot plus of snow!

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, I really love this card...so much so that I bought this stamp. Hehe! I love the simplicity of it and your beautiful coloring and layout...along with the perfect colors that really are so striking! Thanks! Hugs! xoxo