3.17.2017

a peep load


 Sometime last fall when J was home for Thanksgiving he was dating a gal whose hobby was taking her full sized truck "mudding" and this started the discussion that I own ( no pick up truck stamps period) *gasp!* and then shortly after that I seen somewhere online ( sorry but, it was probably someone on the honeybee dt) posted a card with this truck done no line watercoloring style. I loved it, did not even hit pause before one was on its way to me... today is the first day it has been inked... because, not too long ago Sue, on the yournextstamp dt posted a card with these peeps and I loved it. and I thought I wonder if it will fit in the truck... and so it does.

A closer look at this truckload of peeps. The pencils used for this were entirely polychromos, which is rare for me to not mix pencils. I did melt the pigments slightly with a colorless blender marker from Prisma. There is also some camera shy gellyroll stardust pen work on the lights and chrome of the truck. I used a SU crumb cake marker on the windows since this was stamped with Versafine (gray) on some very white Neenah cardstock and cut out with scissors. this is up on foam pop dots. The edges of the scissor cuts were inked with a SU Sahara sand marker. I also added some sharpie pen to the faces of the peeps to help them POP a little. The green scrap ( PTI spring moss) was run through a cuttlebug folder for some texture, I used the same all aboard bunch of happiness set for the sentiment and cut that out with a papersmooches speech bubble die. The glitter tape is from X-press it ( it's very skinny and easy to use)

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic image and card Stacy
Gr Karin

Janice M said...

Ok this is just too cute!! Love those peeps and the added faces is perfect!