3.24.2016

Brighter Days



 
From the March new release at Two Paper Diva's is this cute set Rain or Shine which has this really fun sized umbrella ( big enough to paper piece) with 4 sentiments. All of these printed paper are from My Minds eye. ( the red strip is the reverse side of the stripe front piece) I did use an lacey square spellbinders die for the mat and one of the 6" square mat dies for the image panel. The sentiment was diecut with an nellie snellen tag die.
This I masked in the flower from the bloom wildly watering can stamp. 
as seen below. this was colored with some distress ink markers and water, with yellow stickles in the centers of the flowers.

Because, I do not very often cut my stamps apart even though sometimes I would like to use them that way in pieces I tend to use my clear blocks with masking over the Misti because, I stamp standing up and this I think gives me a better perspective peering through it, plus its a little smaller to work around.
the umbrella had been stamped on sticky notes and placed over where the color would be and then the flowers were inked and then I placed a few pieces of clear scotch tape on the stamp where there was ink that I did not want to stray into the design. ( I tend to color more things than I paper piece and when I did this I was thinking to color the umbrella) I am guessing if you knew in the beginning that you were going to paper piece you probably would not have to mask off the umbrella because, that part would be covered with paper later.

5 comments:

Janice M said...

Oh love this one Stacy! Great job on the masking.

Unknown said...

Ok, so this has to be one of my most favorite cards! Love love love it!! Melissa

Unknown said...

OMG! Super, super cute! Love what you did with this set! So glad you requested it!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Pretty and well done! xoxo

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This just cheers me right up! So fun and cute!