3.03.2016

Back Yard Party

So, it just kind of happened... I recently got these speech bubble dies (paper smooches and Simon says stamp) in the mail, the banner die (lawn fawn), the sentiments from Altenew (birthday greetings) & Mama Elephant (labeled messages) and I thought you know you could do this like random people singing and do some kind of watercolor background for it all. because, Loll and Bonnie's first challenge on the CAS Mix up challenge is to do something water colored this month and right after I thought that I seen this last weathered fence I had colored a couple of weeks ago from Two Paper Diva's in the tray on the table and thought... maybe.

To me it looks like what you would hear from the backyard next door when there was an on going party. The voices are all different ( hence, different stamps and fonts)
The to you is from the SU set happy birthday, everyone and the other Happy birthday to you is from the W+9 set strictly sentiments 1. Hubs thinks it needs some cows or sheep in front of the fence...

 Is it really CAS probably not but, I had fun doing it and that is all that really matters in the long run.

So, my choices for the mix list are Stamping, Watercoloring ( distress inks) & diecutting.

If you'd like to play along with the challenge you can find all the details here.

5 comments:

Loll said...

I like the way your mind thinks Stacy! :) Definitely there is a birthday party on the other side of that fence. So fun! And I LOVE your watercolouring, it is really a work of art. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Mix Up! xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllll Stacy
Gr Karin

Bonnie said...

I love this fence, Stacy! You've done a wonderful job of watercoloring it! And I love that there's a party next door! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super clever!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Delightful! I love how you just went with the speech bubbles - the cards I see lately using them do not match them with anyone or anything, they are just "out there". So coming from the other side of the fence is totally on trend! Great job water coloring. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I been sick and slowly catching up with my fave blogs. xoxo