4.08.2012

Christmas In April

 ah interesting thing with the google blog, the photos you used to have to load them backwards so the photo you wanted to display first had to be loaded last... now they publish in the order you upload them, but this new what do you call this box you type the post in will allow you to drag them around in the post and re position things. This particular card was done for today's scs featured stamper challenge and ends up being my April #2 Christmas card. Its A-2 in real life, the holly embossing folder is colored with tombo markers and up on pop dots. the for you is an SU sentiment, May Arts ribbon & cord. This is Ali's card FS270 that inspired it.

 The thing about that card above is... I made this poinsettia folder first, and I cut the rectangle on an diagnal in half... so I did not have the kind of shaped triangle for a tree I was hoping for. I deliberately do not measure things when I play this is entirely off the top of my head type of a thing because, I do play numbers all day at work. kwim? so, when I went back upstairs after I made the first card to clean up the mess I looked at those pieces and thought if you do a small card you can fix this, ended up getting two more cards done then thought well hey this puts you at 4 done for April you only "need" two more... so grabbed the already colored Christmas images box ( which is on the table in front of me in the middle of it because, if I don't see them I don't think about Christmas cards in the spring either) All of these white cards are 3 3/4" X 5 1/2" in size.

Found two of these Impression Obsession Trees that were rak'd to me from Leigh Anne (Thanks!!) a while back I had colored these with copic markers so started digging through the Christmas papers to see which ones were close enough. Sentiments from Justrite on some Memory Box diecut tags, the brads are unknown, the pp.'s are from Basic Grey and Memory box on some PTI Kraft these are A-2 in real life also with the same score pattern as the cards above. they are a little wider though. 

While I was digging through the Christmas papers for the cards above, found this sheet of printed papers with trees and laughed and set it aside and so, its just a simple one. the Sentiments from Hero Arts, the chip board star die cut is inked with some old paper distress. the cards with distress ink's also have some bundled sage on the inside liners with the old paper and the brown stamped sentiments were done in brushed corduroy. This ones 5X7 in real life and puts me at 1 ahead for May ;)
(yes, I know Alison will groan if she reads that )
Happy Easter Peeps!

5 comments:

reflections:0) said...

Love these! Yes blogger is making some nice changes.


Flexie:0)

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty...

Tammy said...

Congratulations Stacy!!! on being chosen as the Customer card of the day at Our Daily Bread Designs!! you sure deserve it!!! WOW the only creations I've seen of yours so far is the one that they feature, these Christmas in April ones AND the 'Hang in there"--Stupendous and anointed!! WOWZERS!!!!! Thank you so very much for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you:) be blessed
~Beyond Measure
tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love your Christmas cards. Congratulations on being ODBD customer of the day. Well deserved!

Kelly said...

Loved your cards. You're going to be so happy come December. Congrats on completing your April CCC12 challenge