3.01.2008

Some snap shots from this week

Tim's another year older last tuesday... and this year he asked for an Elmo cake... This was said tongue in cheek hoping to get out of having a birthday.
But, the best Albertsons bakery could do was cookie monster. :)
Frost on the bare branches ( this was shot at like 9 am with the sun beating on it)
Colored this last night, picked up this stamp in a Ben Franklin's Crafts clearance bin in Eugene in January and finally got around to playing with it. rumor is we are supposed to get a Michael's store by next fall here, but after seeing that store I'd trade our Joann's and the potential Michael's for a Ben Franklin's haha... Image is colored with Prisma Pencils and the Sentiments from Amuse. this ones about 4 1/2"X6" in real life. Fiber is called duck season from Fibers by the Yard.
I Have stamped this set so many times over the last week filling wishes for it, i have a pretty good idea of what colors i like it in now. :) This bird is done in creamy carmel on very vanilla cardstock. the blue is an glitter pen ( mfg info has gone blank in my mind) the printed papers are from Basic Grey ( an 6" pad of Blush) the brads are unknown and i have since forgotten on the ribbon. ( I want to say its on a roll at walmart but, it could very well be May Arts too?) not sure anymore, but i don't think i have ever used it either. teal is not my thing. Thinking maybe to have Teal be the dominant color combo challenge for March in the stamp shack but, undecided on that too. :)
Still sick but, getting better.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Hi Stacy, glad you are feeling a bit better - I love these cards especially the bird one. Teal is one of my fav colours , both to use and to wear! I like the teal with the caramel a lot.

LindainNCtoo said...

I love that Cookie Monster cake!!! He was my favorite character on Sesame Street growing up.

Love the cards------I got that SU! set with the bird after I saw your birthday stamp "stash".

Happy Birthday, Tim!!

Cute fisherman stamp!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Super cute cake!!! Reminds me of the good ol' days... when our kids were little! So isn't Tim your husband??? If so, he sure has a wonderful heart to want a fun cake!
I so love the Always set and your card is just awesome!!! Great colors...

Stampin' Meg said...

Oh my gosh- that cookie monster is HYSTERICAL!