This week Julie has chosen the Family Handyman Site & Pinterest boards for inspiration And my assumption was I was going to find something to do say an Anniversary card for hubs in there but, as soon as I seen the mug shot on this artificial Christmas tree I remembered that Linda had a challenge recently while I was off line to do a glowing Christmas tree. and earlier I had seen that one of the Fallidays challenges that has been leaked early is Lisa's Snowglobe one... so it seemed like a karma thing to get a three-fer card from these things. And so, I still need an Anniversary card soon-ish haha.
I started by cutting all the pieces of this Honeybee stamps snowglobe die set from some Artist loft watercolor paper and some woodgrain printed paper. I inked the edges of the woodgrain paper with some DOX scorched timber ink and set it aside after gluing it to the "frame" part of the globe. I did do a sketchy tree trunk with some brown paint although the video (seen here on YouTube) from the watercoloring challenge does the tree in shades of green mostly. At this point I had only watched the first 5 minutes of the video tutorial when the artist is doing it on scratch paper... and so, I flicked on some branches and then went and finished watching it.
I did not make the ends of my brush all discombobulated I just did some dry brushing on this, as it was pretty warm here today and using a small brush it was nearly dry as I was putting it on. so I did end up using a paper towel to soak up the clean water in the "glow" circles you see here. I did add more paint to more of the white space to make the tree a little fuller looking.
I added some silver iridescent paint and some white gouache straight out of the tube to the top of this layer for some "snowfall" since its going inside a "snowglobe" frame. I widened the tree trunk and gave it a wash of water for some ground as well.I decided the frame needed to be deeper so I cut one more frame from the same watercolor paper and glued it to the back side of the piece that had the "wood grain base" glued on to give it more depth and then added more white gouache to some spots and let it all sit under an old block to set the wet glue.
I loved how the tree in the Pin is displayed against the white detailed wood wall and so, I found this old pad of woodgrain prints and although there are some papers that have more white than grey to them the boards were just too narrow to look ok with this tree so, this one its leaning a little grey here. and I am OK with that. The sentiment was stamped and cut out with scissors a long time ago but, I think its either Memory box or Poppy stamps. the tiny snowflake is an Shank less button. and that part of the sentiment off the wood base has a foam pop dot under it. The base here is some textured Avocado cardstock and this one is 6" square in real life. If you'd like to play along in this challenge you can find it here at Splitcoaststampers. That's about it from me. I hope you are doing well & thanks for stopping by.






No comments:
Post a Comment