9.30.2026

October Dirty Dozen Christmas

 It's that time of the month again when the Dirty Dozen releases the theme prompt for the month's Christmas Card idea. And this was the first time in months I was actually home when this happened and I had stolen some time to take the image I started coloring for last month's theme and then switch gears to use the image for this upcoming one. I am thinking I want to do something for last months theme that I am still thinking about. But, its one of those it will have to wait for the weekend things.

So I started out by stamping this image on some Artist Loft watercolor paper with Versafine ink and adding Daniel Smith watercolors to it. I knew that the spaces on the image were pretty small so that meant I could get away with using this paper as it would not be soaked with water.

I did add a little more paint to this in between the image above ad this one. when it was dry I cut the painted panel with the Simon Says Stamp Notched rectangle dies and I wrapped that vintage lace around the panel. (it's taped to the back side) and then I used the Pink Fresh Studios Notched Corner Frames dies to cut the pattern and the edge of the Die Cuts with a view chocolate shimmer card for a mat layer. I fished out this green printed paper Tim Holtz Palette collection Green a while back and decided that I liked the colors as not so traditional for a Christmas design. 


 The base here is some textured Guacamole cardstock from Bazzill and its finished out at A6 in real life. That sentiment here is from the Honey Bee Stamps / Simon Says Stamp Stamptember set called Holly Jolly Frames. I did not get the dies just the stamps and it was kind of a lucky thing. it seems like all the Stamptember things sold out faster than usual this year? or maybe its me? ( I did not take my log in information for the store with me to NC earlier in the month so I did miss out on the TH set this year but, I am planning to watch the replay of the class on YouTube soon. Any-ways, That's about it from me. If you'd like to play along with us and get your Christmas cards stash going you can find the prompt here in the special forums set aside for Fan Club members. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: