9.29.2026

Watercoloring Apples

 This week MariLynn is guest hosting the watercoloring tutorial challenge at SplitcoastStampers and she has chosen this quick video seen here on YouTube. I did give this a try after seeing the video like so on some Arches cold press paper with Daniel Smith paints. I did not sketch this at all just used the brush to make the outline.

And I decided it needed more paint so, I added just a bit more.

And I thought OK and then added a shadow under it and set it aside.


 And then I decided I didn't really like the shadow or the size of the paper so, I started a second one that would make it more landscape style. 


 I did end up trying a shadow underneath again and no leaf again. I ran the painted panel that through a Spellbinders frame embossing folder and then I did it again with some Tim Holtz kraft core cardstock with a color similar to the edges of the apple. 


 I did the base from some classic cream Neenah finished to an A6 Size, used scissors to trim the painted panel down to fit on the embossed mat layer. I did cut off some of the edges of the color layer and after these were glued together I did run them through the embossing folder one more time glued together. The sentiment here is from the Ellen Hutson warm fuzzies stamp set done with some Versafine ink. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: