1.02.2024

Watercoloring a River Scene

 This week Kia has chosen this on watercoloring silver birch trees video from Karen Rice seen here on YouTube. 

So I cut a piece of Arches cold press to A7 and sketched a cluster of tree trunks with a bird house.

I did use a water soluble pencil for the sketch.



I ended up using the three colors she mentions in her video except they are all Daniel Smith paints. 

more paints added. when this dried I did decide to add more snow flurries and another branch off the tree in the front to "hang" the bird house from.


The sentiment here is a reverse print one from Simon Says Stamp. The base is a pre made A7 card from Strathmore watercolor paper and the inside is lined with some Neenah solar white. It's very over cast here so getting a "white" card as what it really looks like seems to be beyond me today. its not so warm in person. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. I hope you are doing well & Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Kia's Place said...

This is so beautifully done Stacy, love it.