1.01.2024

Dirty Dozen January 2024 Christmas

 Every Year the dirty dozen at Splitcoaststampers has a theme for the prompt of making a Christmas card each month all year long to have a little stash by the time you need to mail them in December. That being said I was invited to play along with the team again this year and so for January's prompt I chose this tiny little Rubber Stampede Piglet stamp that I had not inked before today.


The white base is some Neenah solar white cut to 3" square and I had inked the entire stamp with some versafine Morning Mist then dabed the corner of the black pad over what I hoped was the lettering. And again on a scrap of old green-ish Basic grey printed paper. I did give the eye ball and a few of the letters in Christmas some black micron pen after. And used the fineliner pens on the printed paper and the Zig brush markers on the cardfront. One thing about being a person who has been trying to paint with real brushes the last how ever long its been? a couple of years now? when I pick up these markers with brush tips I really do not like them much. It's like the bristles are stiff and they split at the tip so, you never know where its going to go coloring. 


I did piece this into the design slightly offset to the lower right to allow that grey ink to peek behind like a shadow, but it did not really look how I thought so, I ended up using the Zig grey brush to make additional shadows under the pot and scarf. There is also a tiny bit of stardust pen on the scarf, tree and star here also. That's about it from me, I hope you all are doing well & Have a Happy New Years!  thanks for stopping by.

No comments: