5.05.2021

WOYWW # 622 { View Improvements }

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

So bright and early Saturday AM the window came out and was replaced in the west side of the room I am sitting in to type this at. 

I have moved the dresser and rolling cart that used to sit at this end of the table I stamp on to back on that wall again as, it will be at least 2 to 3 weeks before the inside trim goes in to be "finished" ( from the view above you can see the corner needs turned and two more ground floor windows need replaced still and the insides get stained window sills and trim and such so, its easier to hubs to do all the insides at the same time after all the outside is done. From this view you can also see quite clearly the 6" paper pads that migrated from one case into two have multiplied to be too many to close the lids again. 

(you'd think I would stop buying it but, usually what happens is at this point I start pulling out the oldest pads, putting the papers I will use into hanging file folders in the file cabinet and setting the rest of what ever is left of those pads into a pile to re-gift.) Because, I will buy more, its a fairly sure thing.

along top the file cabinets the stacked dies are annoying because, it never fails that the one you want is on the bottom at the back of the pile so, I have ordered a couple of these die storage holders seen here. and I intend to stack them behind the tier of paints and sprays. ( at least they will hold only 3 dies per shelf so it will be easier to slide out the one you want and read the words I hope)  

I am still debating the table issue.

So, during this upheaval I have been taking a look at my storage and noticing things that annoy me and also I have been watching you know "how to" water color videos every week when the challenge is posted at SCS ( these are learning things, not competitions) and lately it has become apparent to me that those people who can do every single thing with one Round brush have way more talent then I do so when someone shows you a different brush that you can do something easier with. and or you watch someone who paints with two brushes at once ( one with paint, one dry) it makes you realize its OK to own more than one brush lol... so, Amazon delivered this newest haul late Monday night. the box is empty. I am planning to move 4 of the 5  filled 12 half pan sets of Prima watercolors I have to it because, having a half a dozen little boxes open at once to get 3 different colors annoys me. Not sure yet what I will do with the small boxes but, its possible that as I go along a little more I will use some of the empty pans with my tube paints and make say smaller travel sized configurations or some thing. (and mix the colors the way I want them) at this point, I do not know enough about exactly what I want or even how to pick the colors yet that I want for sure. Some colors I have something like 4 or 5 brands of paints and I think I will eventually end up with a custom box of the colors I like best from all the choices I have collected. I continue to use the cheap strathmore card I picked up to learn on but, I will tell you using better brushes is getting better results for me. And I am more tempted by the idea of using the better cotton papers I have collected and stacked in the closet too :) I am thinking the strathmore works really well for die cuting and adding paint to the die cuts so at some point I may just chop a bunch of it up.

So, I was pretty pleased to see this idea would work better for me, ( to have more colors to choose from in less space) I still have two small boxes of Daniel Smith watercolors and one more Prima set in the background so, I will probably do this again some day, buy another empty pan to hold a lot of them.

That's about if from me, stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by.


13 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, we all do it buying stuff and not using up what we've already got. At the moment I'm trying to use up left-over Masterboards that have ended up in folders but it's still not going down very quickly. It does sound as though you have good plans for sorting so I hope it all works for you. Happy creative woyww, Angela x19x

Caro said...

How nice that watercolour tin looks with all those colours in it. Much more inviting and I quite agree about having lots of different size brushes - so much easier to work with. I have inherited all my Gran's brushes of various sizes. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

Helen said...

loving all those brushes, and the paints! yep, we all buy stuff without using the old first.... I don't "paint" paint, but do agree different sized brushes are a must! Take care and have a good week Helen #4

My name is Cindy said...

Wow that is a stash of paper pads! Mine isn't quite so huge but they are very tempting, especially when you see a bargain. I sometimes think I spend more time rationalising my collection of stash than I do use it. The wc paints look great in that large pan and I'm loving your button jars as well. Hope the rest of the repairs goes well, your craft room is a lovely space and those lamps are pretty impressive too! Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindyxx #14

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. And I thought I had a lot of paper pads - but my goodness - you really have bought up the stores there. But then, you do so much, making all those things for your winter stall. You have lots of watercolours, too. I hope you manage to sort just the colours you regularly use. Your room looks great - and hubby has been very busy with the windows! Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Sarah Brennan said...

You are certainly getting organised and sorting your storage nedds Stacy. The idea of putting your watercolour pans into one larger box is a good one. Enjoy the new brushes. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Shoshi said...

It sounds as if you are gradually getting organised, Stacy. I love all those suitcases, and what beautiful paint boxes too! It all looks so interesting - such a gorgeous room.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #16

Julia Dunnit said...

I think in many ways that’s the perfect way to get anything sorted....if the way it doesn’t work annoys you, the perfect system for you will emerge just by trying to un-annoy yourself! Brilliant genius idea of yours for my origami papers, thank you! Great news on the window replacement, the method makes perfect sense to me, all the outsides then all the insides, it speaks to my ‘one job at a time’ mentality and I sort of like the order of it! I get what you mean about the die storage, will be very interested to hear if you find it works out well. I don’t have many of those dies any more, but even having written their identity on all four sides so I can see without moving them doesn’t help when it comes to digging out the stack! Damn, this whole comment is about how idle I am!!

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the idea of making your own little travel palettes to take around. They look so fab all opened up like that - so inviting! Late to the party this week - stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Spyder said...

Loving the look so far, and those huge lights? by the window for filming and taking pictures? I just about had a corner spare to do that when I was in the bigger room, but there's no room in this one I'm in now. The first thing I bought with my first real pay check was a paint set, and I still have them, bit dry, but they do ok! Keep Crafting! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn))#6

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your visit, Stacy - so glad you enjoy our babies who have got quite a little fan club online these days! Also the blanket - I added the penultimate column of squares this afternoon, so only 8 more squares to go, and then I can think about the border. It's huge and pretty heavy to work on these days!

I saw the nurse at the surgery yesterday and she has referred me to the breast unit, and says I should be seen within two weeks which is good. I am not worrying about it but just taking it a day at a time.

Shoshi #16

roffeycreations said...

Hi Stacy - really loved reading and seeing whats going on for you - - like my motto - she who dies with the most wins - I never stop buying - and re-gifting - its a roller coaster!! Well - I am really just popping by to have a sneaky look - I am back to WOYWW after a long time out so seeing who's who and what's what LOL!! Hope to catch up again soon - Cheers Maurs #33 xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Still trying to catch up with my commenting! Yesterday was Mother's Day here in Australia so after a lovely lunch and lots of fizz I didn't get anything else done...

I think we all have the 'buying' problem! I gifted lots of my sruff when we were moving from the UK to Australia - what is really nice is now when friends say - Sue this was made with your whatever...

Happy Woyww!
Susan #25