5.17.2019

Inspired by {Country Living}

This week I am asking people to take a peek at Country Living
They have had their site up and running for years so, as a way to save some time you may want to plug something that you would like to see in the search box. 
I happened across their site because, I was actually searching for Lavender art because, I have a couple of sets that have not seen ink as of yet.

 And then when  was gathering images for the inspiration post I happened across these coral peonies seen below. ( they really do not have a coral tint) but, I have that dark pink variety in my yard, along with the pale pink, red and some two tone ones) so, Peonies are dear to my heart. And I knew I also had this Simon Says Stamp set that is called beautiful flowers two. so, I heat embossed it in white on some Strathmore watercolor paper and as I went along adding some paints (QoR & Prima) to it, I kept thinking these look more like carnations to me than peonies... and I kept going anyways because, I really had over a week into adding paint and letting this dry. I did add some Polychromos pencils over the top into some of the nooks and crannies for shading. I had originally thought I would use that new Hero Arts wood grain frame die with this but, it is sized for an A2 card. and so,
 I was very surprised when I went to cut it down to fit on an A7 card base, this image is longer than that. So, I ended up making one that would fit inside a standard business envelope. This card finished out at 4" X 9" in real life.

You can read about the growing of Peonies here in their site, and find this challenge here to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: