7.04.2018

WOYWW # 474 {cards}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hastag of #WOYWW

 So this is a tuesday evening shot. Today is Independence day in the US. And we are mostly planning to stay home today. ( have two days of work following the holiday so, that makes for a nice break but, not big enough to go and plan something. I had seen that the wednesday tutorial last week was this double triangle fold ( tutorial found here) and decided to try it ( card seen below) and then ended up cutting a few sheets of cardstock and folding it for soon-ish. tried the monday flag challenge and the tuesday color combo also.

 This is a stitched primitive star die from Papertrey ink. I did thread this with may arts burlap string. and it took a good long while because, that printed paper is double sided and teeny polka dots on the other side and the burlap shreds so, it was slow going. the sentiment is from the Art gone wild words to the rescue line "Military Thanks" Stamped with some Avery Elle cherry ink. ( I probably should have done this in the misti to do it several times but, after spending so much time threading I just wanted to be "done" this sentiment is up on foam pop dots above the star.  this one is A2 in real life.

 These stamps are both from Our Daily Bread Designs ( old flag background and let freedom ring sentiment) the background was done with water color crayons in the misti one color at a time so that they would not run as much. there is a bit of clear wink of stella in the "stars"

 this fold is kinda cool and something different. the sentiment is a die cut from Lil Inker designs. cut from some shimmery stardream red cardstock and backed with cream.

the inside liner was cut with a Spellbinders hemstitched die. the "linen" print is a really old background stamp from Stampin' up done with antique linen ink. the floral print is an old Basic grey one. these cards are all A2 in real life. and so, the plan is to pick all this up and get a few more VSN or DTGD stamples going later after breakfast. Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Well done on all your crafting you’ve made some super pieces.
Happy Independence Day to you from sunny UK
Lynn x 18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, great batch of cards you've made. Love them. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, loving the card collection and your idea for the seeds to go in my pocket journal. That would make a great gift. Happy 4th of July to you. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x10x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have just reinforced the reason I DO NOT make cards. These are all SO incredible and each so detailed. Simply incredible. I hope you also have a great day. Happy 4th and Happy WOYWW from #1.

Marit said...

Oh wow, I really love your cards! The 'old flag' image is so lovely! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #22

Caro said...

I love all those cards but the old faded flag one is stunning. Happy Independence day. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#38)

Helen said...

LOVE the star card with that amazing sentiment deeply sincerely gratefully. wonderful Have a great day. Helen #3

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Stacy, I always LOVE seeing what's on your desk each Thursday! What fun and beautiful cards you've been making (and always do), and I love the primitive star die. I have some thread, and that would be a fun project for me (especially since I have sewn before - haha!). I saw your wonderful ODBD card and love that. Great way to color using the watercolor crayons. And I especially love the last one. I guess I need to try this cool double-triangle fold. I really love your card and how you've used the SU Linen background. That's always one I shall keep, and I love the DP with the great thanks so much die! Beautifully done, sweet friend, and a fun and inspiring visit! Hugs and love...and Happy Fourth! xoxo

Angelnorth said...

Fab collection of cards Stacy, that old flag background is simply lovely and the watercolour crayons have given your card a really beautiful, soft feel to it. Happy 4th!

Hazel said...

Lovely crafting. Happy 4th July and enjoy your extra couple of days off work too. Thanks for sharing - Hazel WOYWW #15 x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Lots to look at today - those triangle cards are great - popped over to see the tutorial as well.. they look like I might even manage them!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Sharon Madson said...

Happy Independence Day! Lovely projects, today! I love VSN, and DTGD is my favorite of all! :). Thanks for stopping by already, Stacy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. What great cards. I particularly love the stitched star. Ali x #27

Dorlene Durham said...

Great cards! Dorlene #40

Anne said...

Lovely cards. I hope that you had a lovely 4th July. Many thanks for visiting me. Anne x #11

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love every one of those cards Stacy, especially the linen flag background one, so appropriate. I hope you enjoyed those days off. Happy Belated 4th July & Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Creative wishes Tracey #5