6.13.2018

WOYWW #471 {mostly guy cards}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 
This is the aftermath of 2 more car birthday cards (nearly the same as the one below but, in shades of blues) 6 assorted Fathers day cards and one Featured Stamper card over the weekend, and evidently I have not processed the photos for all the dad cards yet. but, they did go out in the mail haha. & 1 CAS thank-you card monday ( seen below) so, I have not cleaned or had time to do anything else since then.
We had a hard freeze also over the weekend so there was a lot of stop and haul pots and baskets inside and cover gardens time, uncover them and do it all again the next day.
So tuesday after work found me finally planting the last of the flowers I had hauled home last week.
 This car (& sentiment) are from the Unity Stamps all cylinders set.

 And I am not real sure if that tiny lower left part of the car is colored or is chrome so, I went with colored ( and around the wheel well too) so, life goes on. It did not want to photograph but, all the chrome, window, lights and hubcaps have clear wink of stella on them.

 The printed paper is from Magenta and both of these are 5" x 7" in real life, and this one is the one I am going to actually send to my gpa not the red car I did for the challenge on Saturday.

 The lure is from Judikins, This sentiment is from SU in the going global set. I did a search inside evernote to see what I had "fathers" themed and came up with some things that had not seen ink.
(so, the other thing I noticed is the last few years nearly all my fathers day cards are brown or green) and so, I tried to do some in more cheerful colors too. 

 This sentiment is from Taylored Expressions ( what is on the inside)

 This was done messing around with that going global set, the globe was stamped with Stayzon on to a piece of alcohol ink covered Yupo background and cut with a circle die, that texture is from a Paris Map? cuttlebug folder. this one is A2 (USA) size.

 so, the hard part was finding a circle that was not a huge halo after the image and I nearly always get circles crooked. and I decided to use it anyways.

 This one the top sentiment on the yellow is from that same Taylored Expressions set and the fathers day is from Hero Arts. the tiny truck is a brad.

 The sneakers on this are from SU. the sentiment is from Hero Arts.

 The glasses were diecut twice, once in white and once on the blue scrap and I glued and taped it all together on the back side and then covered the whole thing with diamond glaze.
This is the one hubs picked for his dad.

 This week's featured stamper is  Cindy, and I loved this CAS card she did here so, to make changes I used a embossed heat resist background in similar colors, and then my white thank-you die cut got lost in the background so, I cut a couple more, stacked that 3 times and then added in a banner of cherry to pop it a little. I also switched out the gems for the heart brad.

This week the CAS challenge is to add a banner to it... so, the whole card is Neenah earthstone cs, the birch texture piece is a Tim Holtz sizzix folder and I added some old paper and pumice stone to give it some shadows, my banner was cut with a MFT pierced fish tail die and it was a little long to do this on an (US) A2 cardfront so, I cut it a second time with the same SSS stitched rect. die at the top to shorten it a little. the house is from an really old SU set called Garden Pleasures. it was colored with some polychromos pencils.
so, Today I really should come home, clean this up and get some samples going for my Inspiration challenge coming up this next weekend and possibly even some VSN and DTGD samples. ( I have to make a list) I have not hosted a VSN for a long time so, the fact that this one comes around a couple of weeks ahead of DTGD will be tight and I may as well start making samples sooner rather than later is the thought of the day. :) Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, wow, what an awesome collection of cards you've made! fabulous, every one. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz#8 XxXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am incredibly impressed with those cards. Just reinforces why I don't make cards. Yours are simply OUT of this WORLD!!! Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Monica said...

beautiful cards and those sentiments for father are perfect.
hugs Monica #27

Darlene said...

great guy cards !!

Darlene #30

Hazel said...

Love all the cards - you really have been so busy. Thanks for sharing today - Hazel, WOYWW 472 xx

Lindart said...

Great cards! My hubby is so hard to make cards for because he really doesn't do any of the "men" things that cards are often about! Your world card has given me an idea though! Have a great week! Lindart #29

Helen said...

wow, what a great bunch of male related cards! I always find them so hard. Helen #2

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, nice tidy desk and a great collection of cards! Have a lovely week Heather x #15

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. What a fantastic selection of cards - well done you!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy that is one brilliant collection of cards, looks like you've been a bit busy. Well done you! Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x18x

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Stacy, love those cards, such a great variety. I particularly love the one using the Yupo. Have a great week and thanks for some ideas! Sarah #16

SumBunneh said...

Your cards are incredible! I especially love the one with the lure.. great idea!

Sumbunneh hugs x
Erika #13

Jeannie said...

Great job with the guy cards. I struggle with them, so thanks for the inspiration :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I'm late. Awesome awesome bunch of cards, we'll all be 'borrowing' these ideas! Love the sentiment 'from your favourite child' - we are all in our 50s and still argue about that! To be honest, if you're that prolific in one session at your desk, you don't really need to be there every day for some time huh?!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hiya, I'm sorry for being late too - been a crazy couple of days! I adore your Fathers Day cards, especially the Caddy and Firing on all cylinders sentiment - that's the one I'd buy!!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx