6.17.2018

Fathers Day

 This one is for my Husband this year, the idea came about because, I had seen that Anna had a "fish" theme for the Mixed Media challenge this week  and I knew I had some of these water wave backgrounds I did a long time ago and I had pulled one out of the file cabinet thinking it would work maybe with that Hero Arts kit that was coming in the mail and when it arrived the scale was wrong so, this was just sitting on the table. then I came across this fun card in this weeks featured stampers gallery and it all just kind of fell together pretty easily from there.
The changes from Jeri's card is that I did create that background with reinkers and shaving cream and a waves stencil (you can find a tutorial for this here) so, that is the mixed media part ( ink and shaving cream) and I made the fish and sentiment one panel and added in the flashy trim. because, what I can tell you is although you don't see my husband wearing bling, I think as a lure collector he is a little attracted to some flash haha.
so that flashy trim is vintage, the silver parts are elastic of some kind.

A closer look at the trout. this is a vintage PSX stamp that was done with versafine olympia green on Neenah solar white, I colored it with some zig clean brush markers, there is some white gel pen on the eye, a little bit of polychromos pencils and clear wink of stella, so it is also layers of coloring mediums. The sentiment is from the clearly besotted message me set and the finished size of this card is 4 1/2" x 6" in real life. I did give the fish panel a color wash of some tumbled glass distress ink and then rubbed on some broken china oxide on the edges of both the die cut panels. ( there were white spots) Hope you are all having a good weekend too, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: