6.22.2018

Inspired by {hayneedle}

This week Brenda has directed us to the Hayneedle store and I have not seen this site before and I happened across this Turtle pillow and just loved the colors. 
 I seen so many things I wanted and kept going back to the pillow because, A I have never thought to color one blue before and B my aunt's birthday is next week and she loves turtles. ( she has land dessert ones though) so, I have always colored turtles in shades of browns or greens)


 

 This one the sea turtles and the seaweed below them that is straight lines is a single stamp from Great Impressions done in Versafine Olympia green on some Neenah solar white, this was faux watercolored with markers and a clear wink of stella pen. the tall skinny seaweed on the sides and the leafy looking one in the foreground are both from All Night Media. The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted Message me set (because, it's still on the table and the scale worked) 
The frame is a piece of handmade paper that I had run through a gelli press a couple of times with different Tim Holtz embossing folders and acrylic paint. one of the paint colors was iridescent so, this piece shimmers. I did use a Spellbinders 6" mat die to cut the window hole to countersink the stamped panel and the base is some coastal cabana cardstock. This one finished out at 5 1/2" square. 
And I am hoping she will like it, it's not as fancy as some of the cards I have made for her in the past but, I have been trying to make flatter cards this year so that I can just mail them from home instead of standing in line at the post office with lumpy ones haha.

 another cellphone shot (mine washes out the colors a little) but, this angle may have caught some of the shimmers from the Golden Open acrylic paints.  The patterns were done with a  couple of older Tim Holtz sizzix folders that I have not put into evernote yet and I do not see their mugshots on the first pass of google images. ( so, guessing they are retired) 


A cellphone shot of the drop piece from the mat that caught some of the shimmers. the blank spot in
the middle came from there was either a leaf or a petal (handmade paper) there and it must have fallen off in the big shot.


A closer look at the pillow which can be seen in the store here. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: