8.30.2017

WOYWW # 430 {rinse & repeat}

Happy Desk Peeking day, the link up for this starts here at our hostess Julia's blog if you'd like to see more creative spaces and or play along.

 This is what I seen when I walked upstairs after work on tuesday, that unmounting & breaking sets of purchased cling sets continues. I have done another 30 some odd sheet of images sorted by what they are and its starting to feel like there is no end in sight. I have not made anything in a long time and the list of cards I now need has piled up.

 the what I have been doing is stamping the sentiments on some cheap Micheals white cardstock that I cut to 5" X 7 1/2" that I round the corners on and then laminate with some 3ML and tuck those into clear pockets ( like the clear stamps) and so far they are taking up far less space than all the dvd cases I have emptied also. the pile to the back is the index sheets that were tucked into the fronts of dvd cases. and they were organized in a time line of how I bought them so, I would have to look at 10 boxes to find something I knew I had. So, having all the happy birthdays gathered together will be such a time saver for me when I get it finished.
but, I am seriously tired of the not playing thing so,I picked up all those boxes and moved them out of the way so I could play a little.

 Killed some paper trying that tutorial Sabrina linked to on Monday. I think I finally have one that can be decorated now. ( maybe tonight after work) oh, and I have pretty much almost killed this corner rounder punchie on those card index's so, I have ordered a replacement from Amazon but, its not the same so, I am hopeful it will have the same radius to the curve. ( there is no measurement on this punch just its a "large" from ek success. so, I did not finish anything yesterday. but, I also heat embossed and die cut one of the mermaid tails out of the Ellen Hutson set and the die gets closer to the stamped image than some of the other brands I have bought but, I had stamped it on some cream shimmer type paper and the white-ish edge bugged me enough to add in some oxide ink over the top of it all and ( so that is just an experiment that will probably need more color later)

And the reason why nothing was completed is it is now officially canning season here. ( and yes, it was 95* outside here yesterday so, with two pressure cookers going on the cook top ( first time we have ever had a stove big enough to do two pots at once) it was more like 900* in the house. haha. but, the beans will probably only do one more batch and then some corn when it is ready.
So, that's about it for me. just a lot of puttering. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Plush Possum Studio said...

canning season can really take it out of a person, can't it? Hang in there with your cling stamp project. I predict the light at the end of the tunnel will soon show itself for you. it's always darkest before the dawn!
Happy WOYWW!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden #31

May said...

WOW LOTS OF BEANS... you have been busy and hot!! the stamps is a never ending project but it will come to an end soon... and it will be all worth it... Happy WOYWW May#10

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. You might think it's only puttering - but it seems to me it is pretty productive puttering! Well done. I can imagine getting thoroughly bored with all that stamp sorting - so can see why a bit of actual making is a great idea! Brilliant.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Sharon Madson said...

Look at you! Canning! Good for you, Stacy! What I could see of the kitchen looks good! :)
I am still unmounting stamps, too. I have used 100 DVD cases I got on line, plus 30 or more from SU! Now, I have 25 more. If I have sets left after that, I am getting rid of them! I won't do the extra large sets; too much work!
Missed you last week. #39

Helen said...

what will you do with the empty dvd cases I wonder! well done on your canning! Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

You may not feel you have much to show for your labours, but it seems a great deal to me. Between the beans and organising those stamps, having a play in between is certainly a good idea. Happy WOYWW Sarah #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my Stacy! you are so good doing all those stamps. I know it's a good idea but just can't bring myself to start it. I think one of the main reasons for not doing it is as you say, it prevents you from getting on with making and I have so much on at the moment. I also have quite a few wood mounted stamps and I'm not sure what I would do with the wood I took off. We shall have to see, maybe I could do it in makes or themes, we'll see. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x11x

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy. I'm also sorting my stamps but slightly different way! I have a lot less than most of you, as only been card making for just under two years! I definitely would have lost heart if I'd have had hundreds to do! Have a lovely week, Heather #25

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

You have been a busy lady...working with the veggies, gets overwhelming to me anymore, the heat and dishes and time...with only 2 of us who eat out a LOT it seems similar to me to buy what I need. ! But a husband who loves to garden I don't want it to go to waste.
Crafters do a LOT of rearranging, sorting and I spend more time doing that then creating.
Good Luck with this new method, enjoy #12

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I agree, the organising does take some time, but it really does help to be able to go to a particular type of sentiment and see exactly what your choices are. Late visiting the second half of the list, had real trouble with my shoulder. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X