8.16.2017

WOYWW # 429 Some Mess, Some Peeks

Happy Desk Peeking Day! :) If you'd like to play along or see more spaces you can find the link up here at our hostess Miss Julia's Blog.
So, this post contains a lot of mug shots so, I will keep the words short.
 

 During DTGD I did make a couple of cards live and I did that with the mess of unmounting and organizing pushed off to the sides. and somewhere in that I had the bright idea to place an order at Ellen Hutson so, that arrived this last monday. and all I did was unpack the box and look at it all.

The size of the MFT window dies surprised me I wish they were just a little bigger but, this will not stop me from using them. The holly stamp is a cardfront by itself size so, will make for faster cards and the Hero Arts Christmas sentiments are just fun. That being said a lot of the last month has been spent unpacking boxes and sorting stuff and adding to the purge it piles.

 When you are standing in the hallway this is the left side of the Library Nook space. we have inset hinges on order to make the backrest on that side of the seat be open-able instead of dead space and then the window shades should come in this week and there will be one more shelf (skinny) above the window to hold some antique camera's I have collected or been gifted with over the years. the seat lifts up and has cedar boards inside for blankets or quilts and such.

 what you see from the hallway.

What you see if you walk in, The skinny shelf behind the pantry ( that opens into the hallway behind the fridge) is holding movies. So every so often I buy a stack of the old VSH ones on dvd and that will save more space. Those are Victrola records next to them and the baskets on the upper shelf hold music CD's inside plastic pockets ( the same pockets I use for small die sets in the craft space)

 We are using the kitchen now for the last half a week. the window shade should come in any day now. The down draft vent ducting that runs under the house from actually under the dishwasher to the under the cooktop was hooked up this last monday AM so, the appliances are all in and functioning now. ( we have only used the outside BBQ grill once since then haha)


 The glass front cupboards are holding Johnson's Brothers Greendawn china ( a lot of it) and so is the cupboard above the dishwasher.

 and so is the one in the eat in kitchen space.

There is only the soup tureen and one covered dish of it in the corner. oh, and if your ever out and about in the UK, Australia or Canada ( where most of my china has been purchased from) and you ever see the ladle for the tureen I would totally pay someone to buy it and pack it and ship it to me) ha, that is as far as I know the last piece I am thinking I am missing but, its hard because, they made that for 40 years so every so often a piece comes up for sale and you go hunh, we don't have that one or size or shape and hubs will be like "oh, lets get it" and so he does lol... Yes, there are only two of us and yep, we have no plastic in our kitchen.

14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

That bookcase looks even better full than it did empty. Love the one in the opposite nook. The kitchen looks great too. Good look with the ladle hunt! I'll keep my eye out as I live in Stoke on Trent. Happy WOYWW Sarah #25

Belinda said...

Hello Stacy! My name is Belinda. I used to participate in WOYWW years ago and have just rejoined to meet some new crafty friends. Your lovely winter themed stamps are inspiring me. Your home looks very lovely. I am a confessed bookworm so I'm pretty much drooling over your library nook window seat and all. Seriously, I could live there! I have had a busy summer with my family and have slowly returned to my desk. If you find time, come on by and have a peek:

http://www.belindascrafts.com/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-429/

Belinda

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Well done - well done - well done. That is all looking just great! All useable now. Brilliant. Those new goodies look great, too. Now all you will need is the time to make things...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Plush Possum Studio said...

Your home is pretty as a picture! I am in love with the nook. The idea of cedar lined anything pleases me, but when it is a window seat with BOOKS I am in hog heaven.
:)
Happy WOYWW!
~Rose of rose's Art Garden #36

Helen said...

Love your home, and especially all the books. hope you find your ladle!! Helen #1

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, I love the reading nook! If I could find a corner for one in my home I would! May be I just need to move to a bigger house! Your desk is fascinating, as is your stash of goodies in the next pic. The more desks I see, the more I realise I haven't really gone that overboard with what I have acquired so far lol. Have a lovely week, Heather #30

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what a fun stash of new stamp goodies! Looks like you will continue to be busy. Now I LOVE your library nook, and it's funny because we changed over a room in our house for a library, reading, and just sitting room. We love it, and I know you will love your new area. Very cool with the various media you've stored. Now I love your new kitchen and eat-in kitchen, and I love all the vintage collections you have. Beautiful, sweet friend...enjoy it!! Can hardly wait to see it ALL done (and I'm sure you will too!). Hugs!

Jan said...

Ohh love all your craft. Have a great week xx Jan (42)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great photos, love your kitchen especially. Have a great woyww and thank for the visit to mine, Angela x21x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, oh my, your home looks wonderful! Absolutely adore what you've done. Love the china collection, that's quite incredible. Have a lovely day, Hugs, Shaz #4 Xx

Lindart said...

Absolutely beautiful kitchen! The wait was sure worth it! I never knew there was such a thing as venting down under the house! I love the little library area and window seat - awesome! Your new stash looks like fun, you will be busy! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

Janice M said...

Love love love your little library nook! Now you need lots of pillows to make a comfy place to sit and curl up with a book! ;-) Love that kitchen too. Great job you can be proud of your hard work for sure!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you're doing so well! Love the look of the library..so organised! And that kitchen is just huge! I too have a thing for china...do you know about findmychaina.co.uk? Prolly teaching you to suck eggs, but if it helps, great! Love the sight of your desk, and I have the opposite problem with a window die! How funny our expectations are!

ToadilyDiane said...

Your library nook is cute. LOVE your kitchen.
Have a great day!
Diane #26